NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Ligero would be a great hand to have around for WWE UK, but I reckon it would come down to how much he would make under a WWE contract. That's not to imply that he's going to play hardball and demand a particular amount, more that he's a talent who has been around a good while & worked for practically every promotion in the UK at one stage or another, he could just keep doing that and earn a steady living doing so. If WWE were to allow to continue to take on independent work around any WWE UK tapings I'm sure he would sign with them and his increased exposure can help out the independent Feds.

That's assuming that WWE UK even happens at all. Im still not quite sure exactly they want to do in terms of WWE UK. The tournament was a decent couple of nights of action, but the special from a couple of months back took a couple of steps back outside of anything involving Pete Dunne and Tyler Bate, who have been the clear breakout stars from the venture so far. It just looked a bit shit and had to be passed out with guys from 205 Live, who most people don't a shit about as it is. With World of Sport seemingly going nowhere anytime soon (did they ever do those rescheduled tapings? Or have I got my dates wrong) I wouldn't be shocked to see WWE scrap any plans for WWE UK and just sign Dunne, Bate and maybe a couple of others to NXT instead as the whole thing seemed to be a bit knee jerk to counteract WOS in the first place.

Wahey Kyle O'Reilly! This tag division needs reDRagon and another face team badly as I'm not really feeling the idea of AOP v SANITY (on the subject of SANITY, did Eric Young die? he's vanished)

Awesome match between O'Reilly and Black. I love ~the indiez~ as much as the next person but Black has a star aura most of this generation can only dream of. I just keep becoming a bigger fan of his each week. His feud with Itami should be absolutely superb. There's a great wwe.com exclusive video of Hideo trying to jump him backstage. They can easily steal TakeOver Brooklyn if they have a match there

Also really enjoyed the Asuka/Ember scrap and the continued Strong/Roode storyline, but this was Aleister's episode

• Awards Moderator

I love me some Aleister Black, and if he's got Itami at Takeover that should be great, but this was my first time seeing O'Reilly and I can't say he blew me away. Bland looking pasty guy in trunks whose gimmick is that he knows martial arts and can hit quite hard... nothing really going for me there that I can't get from loads of others on the roster right now anyway. Once they give me a bit more than "he's been in Japan!!!" to get sunk into I might warm to him more.

I like that Roderick Strong's storyline with Roode is overlapping with the Roode-McIntyre situation. Great little bit with Regal this week. I wonder where they'll go with it - triple threat in Brooklyn? Roderick costing Roode the title by distraction? I'm interested, which is more than I am for the tag and women's matches. Either outcome in the women's match feels a little deflating - Asuka's already beaten Ember so that wouldn't be a surprise, and I've cooled on Ember since she went all whiny after their last match. As for the tags, which team am I meant to be rooting for?

(sj, I know EY has to have regular surgeries on his throat so maybe he's recovering from one of those at the moment. He was on the match graphic at least!)

Gargano and MENDOOOOOOOZA had a great little match, other than seeing the Black Mass kick that match was my highlight of the show. 

• Paid Members

I just love that Black was mocked so much on here when he was signed because of whoever it was using some form of hyperbole that he was a huge star.

Give it a year and that could totally be the case. He's doing no wrong right now and is being made out to be a hard legitimate bad ass with charisma. Can see him on the main show after Mania next year.

I've seen O'Reiley in New Japan and liked his tag team stuff there but I thought he looked a bit shit ... I mean the match was good and all but O'Reiley looked like just another indy guy.

Show was solid on the whole, I'm enjoying this stuff with Itami and Black.

Eh, Gargano and Ciampa looked like they didn't offer anything but being indeh guys at first but they blossomed wonderfully. It was a very solid debut against someone he worked well with. reDRagon will be a big boost to the tag division, and O'Reilly can definitely do some enticing things on the singles scene with some of these guys. Fish not so much, so hopefully their team-splitting fetish doesn't continue for them. Really recommend Kyle v KUSHIDA in the 2015 Best of the Super-Juniors. Classic match that made me an instant fan of both guys when I saw it.

• Paid Members

The thing they did with Aleister Black and Hideo Itami was absolutely brilliantly executed. I loved it, Black looked a star right there. Then they ruined it by having him wrestle a long and tedious indy style match with Kyle O'Reilly. I hate everything about O'Reilly already.

Great segment to build up the Takeover match for Asuka and Ember.

• Paid Members

Boy, I quite enjoyed Black vs O'Reilly, but they gave Kyle an opponent right in his comfort zone for his debut. I'm not sure how he's going to fare against more standard WWE style opponents. Whether that's Bobby Roode and his Triple H style main events or Velveteen Dream and his weird undercard gimmick. 

Black vs Grumpy Hideo should be great, though. 

How did they ruin Black's aura by him having a competitive match with KOR when he did the same thing with his inferior tag partner 2 weeks ago?

But yeah, similar to Roddy, I've liked a lot of Kyle's matches for a while but never saw him as the WWE type as neither are really mic guys. Roddy has surpassed my expectations though thanks to the recent good character development. So it might be fine. I expect reDRagon to mostly be scrapping from underneath with AOP for the time being anyway and that sounds good fun to me.

Could it be that RedDragon have been brought in to fill the void that TM61 have left. I assume the one that isn't injured is doing the local circuit to keep himself busy, but their absence and the DIY split has left NXT short on babyface tag teams. And while they have got Heavy Machinery, there's still alot of work needed there and it's not clear which side of the fence the debuting Street Prophets are going to be on.

Edited by WyattSheepMask