NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

In fairness, Kassius Ohno has previously been fired from WWE for getting out of shape, and lying about the amount of time he was spending in the Performance Centre's weight room. So he is a bit of a lazy fat lad.

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, sj5522 said:

You're always going on about this, change the record?Ā 

You're aware of the concept of metabolism right? Two people can have the exact same diet and exercise routine and still end up a drastically different size

You'll be saying Kevin Owens hasĀ a glandular problem next. They're just fatties.

I'mĀ a lazy sod who sits about watching wrestling and munching on crisps most days and I'm closer to underweight than anythingĀ 

Just seems to be a lot of outdated fatphobia on this board and it's tiresome to me. Both KO's got hired in their current shape

It's more lookinglikeshitphobia, there have been tonnes of fat wrestlers that have looked amazing with their weight but both KO's look awful. I should be intimidated and/or wowed by a big guy, not thinking there's a chance I could take him. (I'm a wuss and couldn't, but still)

I've seen Ohno in the flesh, of which there is, admittedly, quite a lot and trust me, you wouldn't feel quite so brave in person. He looks like a fucking Viking and puts his stuff in VERY convincingly. Although he's obviously not in the same shape as McIntyre, he's in there with him as one of the 3 most physically intimidating wrestlers I've seen at shows.

Did you completely miss or choose to ignore my admission of being a wuss there? Plus, it's how he comes across on TV that matters most, not how he looks only to the few in the front rows. On TV he's not the slightest bit intimidating, his attire doesn't help matters of course.

Edited by Merzbow

I just get irked by the "unhealthy" tag mainly, they're clearly not that. Smoking fags or taking drugs could lose you weight, doesn't make that healthy. Ā I've never seen Ohno or Owens get gassed like Konnan or plenty of others in "better shape"

I maintain that Ohno should lose the silly B-ball shirts and just wrestle with the flab out. It's not a big deal, most of us have seen him wrestling that way on indies in recent years, whereas Owens has always had a similar outfit. Can even spin it into a positive message that way

They clearly aren't unhealthy and obviously have more stamina than most people. But Ohno and Owens look like shit. Samoa Joe doesn't get lumped in with them because he actually looks like he will fuck someone up. Owens and Ohno both look like fat nerdsĀ 

1 hour ago, BrodyGraham said:

I've seen Ohno in the flesh, of which there is, admittedly, quite a lot and trust me, you wouldn't feel quite so brave in person. He looks like a fucking Viking and puts his stuff in VERY convincingly. Although he's obviously not in the same shape as McIntyre, he's in there with him as one of the 3 most physically intimidating wrestlers I've seen at shows.

Ohno literally isn't intimidating. At all. He looks like a recurring Jeremy Kyle guest.

And SJ55, we will just have to agree to disagree, I have seen both Owens and Ohno in good nick, and I have seen them both as horrible slobs To me it's simply not caring enough to sort it out, if it takes more effort to look good than a Cesaro who it comes more natural toĀ then you put more fucking effort in than Cesaro.

4 hours ago, Ambulance Chaser said:

Ohno literally isn't intimidating. At all. He looks like a recurring Jeremy Kyle guest.

And SJ55, we will just have to agree to disagree, I have seen both Owens and Ohno in good nick, and I have seen them both as horrible slobs To me it's simply not caring enough to sort it out, if it takes more effort to look good than a Cesaro who it comes more natural toĀ then you put more fucking effort in than Cesaro.

Of course he's intimidating. He's a big, fat hard fucker.

• Paid Members

In Kevin Owens' defence, he put in a lot of effort to get in good shape prior to signing with WWE - he used to look far worse than he does now.

Kassius Ohno, I don't mind him being overweight. I've seen him have a couple of matches where being a big guy added to the story. But, for the most part, he doesn't wrestle to his size, which doesn't make him look like an intimidating big man, it makes him look like he's out of shape and hasn't come to terms with it.

If he just owned it and wrestled like a fat lad, I wouldn't mind so much. And get rid of horrible basketball jersey gear that has no relation to his gimmick, and makes him look even worse.

Ā 

My bigger problems with Ohno aren't just his weight, it's his overall look and presentation, and how he's booked in NXT. He went from a title contender to a sub for No Way Jose, to a Loser Leaves Town match with absolutely no build-up at all in the space of three weeks, and now we're expected to look at him as some kind of locker room leader in his programme with Itami. He's not been used well enough, or consistently enough, for that role to make sense - it's symptomatic of one of NXT's biggest problems; the expectation that the audience will care about Kassius Ohno just because it's Kassius Ohno, so they don't bother booking him to do anything interesting.

Most of all, though, I hate his gimmick. He calls himself a Knock-Out Artist. But if you're wrestling a 10-20 minute match, and half of your moves in that match are strikes, and it takes you that 10-20 minutes before you're able to land a "knock-out" blow, you're a shitty Knock-Out artist. Aleister Black, meanwhile, has a more fleshed out gimmick, and is knocking people out early, and "out of nowhere", basically doing Ohno's gimmick better, and it's just as an aside to the bulk of his schtick.