NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Late to this but NXT are at Download this year and they do (or have done) rock festivals stateside as well. It's really no surprise that they're picking metal-esque songs as Takeover themes and intro music. They're they're pushing themselves as alternative and trying to appeal to that demographic.

Whilst they've definitely featured popular, up and coming bands on Takeover, I had no idea who Powerflo were. A quick glance suggests they're a newly formed super group featuring members of Biohazard, Downset, Fear Factory and Cypress Hill.

None of those bands are particularly relevant these days (aside from that Twitter conversation between Cypress Hill and the London Symphony the other day) but I would suggest that a record label exec probably gets in touch with WWE to get songs featured and they might want to push them as new act and get some eyes/ears on them.

• Paid Members

In the past, there has been talk of them using connections through Full Sail University to effectively run "NXT Music" as a brand to promote certain artists.

Beyond that, they have allowed talent to pick Takeover themes before - Bayley picked Halestorm, Enzo picked Yelawolf and Finn Balor picked Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes - and, prior to that, and prior to him becoming a commentator, part of Corey Graves' role in NXT was choosing themes for wrestlers and events.

If anyone is planning to watch NXT at Download this year, if you want to get a seat in the first few rows I recommend getting in the queue early. I was there last year for the first day of the festival, and even though that day they were only doing a session that lasted an hour which ran 8pm-9pm, people started queuing up for it from around 4:30 even though they were not allowing people in until 7:15. If they have the same setup as they did last year you'll be able to see regardless of wheather you end up sitting or standing at the back, but it all depends on whether or not you want a close up seat or not.

The Saturday and Sunday will have more sessions (either two or three each day), again lasting about an hour each, but again expect long queues before they open it up properly 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

??? You're not going to like EVERY band on the bill are you?

Same reason festivals have things other than music (signing tents, comedy stages), sometimes you just want a break from the music.

Personally, the Download line up is sick this year, gutted I'm not going. But if there was an hour-ish gap between bands I'd want to see, sure I'd go and watch the wrestling.

Admittedly, there were only a handful of bands I wanted to see that day and I mainly went for Rammstein. I do see were Arch is coming from, there is plenty other stuff to do at festivals rather than spending close to three hours in a queue to watch Hugo Knox v Sawyer Fulton

This is the Brighton Card according to the Brighton Centre website, A bit different to the one for Aberdeen posted on the previous page   

June 8th, 2017

Drew McIntyre/Aleister Black v Bobby Roode/Andrade Almas

NXT Women’s Championship
Asuka v Ember Moon

U.K Championship
Mark Andrews v Pete Dunne

Intermission

Kassius Ohno/Roderick Strong/No Way Jose v Sanity

Wolfgang v Riddick Moss w/ Tino Sabatelli

Ruby Riot /Aliyah v Peyton Royce/Billie Kay

Jack Gallagher v Trent Seven

Should be a good evening

Interestingly, just found this card for the Leeds show on the FD Arena site, apparently from back in April, but predicting lack of DIY, Dillinger and Nakamura, as well as Dunne's gaining of the UKC title.

https://www.firstdirectarena.com/venue-information/latest-news/article/wwe-nxt-matchcard/4954/

Kassius Ohno v Bobby Roode

Asuka/Aliyah v Peyton Royce/Billie Kay

UK Championship Match - Roderick Strong v Pete Dunne

Aleister Black v Andrade Almas

Sanity v AOP

Ruby Riot v Nikki Cross

Jack Gallagher/Mark Andrews v Tino Sabatelli/Riddick Moss

Drew McIntyre v Wolfgang

More recently, the tag main event has been confirmed for Almas/Roode v. Black/McIntyre so there are going to be some changes from this, but I'm more interested in the R.Strong v. Dunne match for the UK Championship. It has still not been stated if the title is only for UK Wrestlers but it certainly seems to be, so having Roddy go for the belt will be rather surreal if it happens.