NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, sj5522 said:

Fight Club Pro had British Strong Style v The Elite, lucky west midlands sods! Do FCP ever go down souf? Or have an OD service? 

They've run London before - in fact, the same weekend as they did BSS/Elite, they were in Bush Hall on the Sunday. 

A couple of weeks ago I seen Tyler at a source wrestling( Mikey whiplash's training school) shows against a Kieron Mccolm( a name I bet no one is likely to know) and they had a every good back and forth 15-20 minute match. Kieron has been very good in the other maches I have seen him in, but Tyler took him up a level. The guys just a phenomenal talent no only for his age, but for any age. If puberty hits him with another 5" in height he will have millions in his pocket very very soon

Fuck it I'm all in on Aleister Black, Music, look, hair, moveset, moody bastard.  Absolute badass, one of them where the crowd look and think "I'm not even reaching out to touch this guy, he might turn round and boot my head off".

Just stay the course with him, don't panic and do too much too soon and I honestly think the sky is the limit. I would honestly love to see him decimate all of these fuckers, sometimes you get that stand out guy who can even make other world class guys look silly. McGregor in MMA, destroys EVERYBODY - even other world class fighters and makes it look easy, GGG in Boxing - just makes seemingly tough fighters look amateurish. Oh, and give me McIntyre vs Black at some point please.

Edited by Ambulance Chaser

Black is great but this week I'm going to faun over Patrick Clark. 

Somebody told me he was meeting fans while accompanied by an assistant who would squirt hand sanitiser every time he shook somebody's hand. 

Potential heel GOD

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, sj5522 said:

Somebody told me he was meeting fans while accompanied by an assistant who would squirt hand sanitiser every time he shook somebody's hand.

That's tremendous. I haven't seen Clark since he returned to TV again (last time was against Nakamura last year I think?) but I liked what I saw of his character at the time. Like a modern day Hollywood Montrose from Mannequin.

Usual post-Takeover show, plenty recaps with a handful of matches, but they were decent enough matches.

It was a decent enough debut for Velveteen Dream here. Looking forward to seeing what they do with him.

Great to see Curt Hawkins get smacked about too, he's always wound me up for reason. Still no idea what Black's first proper feud is likely to be though, but we'll probably find out next week once they do the next set of tapings.

While the match with Drew was OK, Wesley Blake is NXT for life. He's a decent enough hand and can make the people they want to push look good enough, buts he's never leaving to go the main roster

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

While the match with Drew was OK, Wesley Blake is NXT for life. He's a decent enough hand and can make the people they want to push look good enough, buts he's never leaving to go the main roster

I would have said the same for Tyler Breeze & Tye Dillinger too, neither of them seemed to ever win when I watched.

What happened to Murphy anyway?

24 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

I would have said the same for Tyler Breeze & Tye Dillinger too, neither of them seemed to ever win when I watched.

What happened to Murphy anyway?

Murphy has moved on and started tagging with Steve Cutler. 

• Awards Moderator
6 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Murphy has moved on and started tagging with Steve Cutler. 

Just stick Blake and Murphy back together and give them to Alexa as backup on Raw. It was silly breaking the two of them up, but they were best when she was with them too.

Aleister Black has become an NXT highlight for me. Still not totally sold on Velveteen Dream but I'm sure he'll get more confident with it as time goes on.

• Paid Members

Isn't that the whole point of Almas? That his current gimmick is that he loses due to his 'cocky, party boy' lifestyle. I wouldn't personally lump him in the same camp as Breeze and Blake.

8 hours ago, PunkStep said:

That's tremendous. I haven't seen Clark since he returned to TV again (last time was against Nakamura last year I think?) but I liked what I saw of his character at the time. Like a modern day Hollywood Montrose from Mannequin.

There's a massive Prince influence on his character, considering what a natural heel Prince was IRL this should be brilliant. 

I wouldn't lump Breeze in the same category as Blake either. Breeze always had a very solid character every time I saw him, looks like Blake has just undergone a gimmick adjustment. I miss the dubstep theme. That was good music for a wanker tag team