NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Mandrews also handed over the brackets banner from PROGRESS. Sss16 that the crowd all signed as the parents are regulars at their shows, and count attend as in hospital. They also let them watch the shows via periscope. Fucking love wrestling community at times like thisĀ 

Good show.

Opened with minute's silence and Lillian Garcia singing the bational anthem.

Ohno def. Wolfgang

Seven, Andrews and Gallagher def. Moss, Sabatelli and ?

Riot def. Cross

Dunne def StrongĀ  (!) title present but not held up.

Black def Young and Almas

AOP def Wolfe & Daim for tag titles

Asuka and Aliyah def. Royce and Kaye

Roode def. McIntyre for title.

Crowd lively throughout. All upper sections taped off. Speaking to people, a lot had come from the Manchester bookings. Might have been quite quiet without them.

Pretty good show, that. Roderick Strong/Pete Dunne was the highlight I thought, followed by the Eric Young/Aleister Black/Andrade Almas three way. If there was any quibbles it'd be Sanity getting split up to be involved in three separate matches. It kind of felt a bit like a bare bones roster so they were having to stretch things out as much as possible. The lack of No Way Jose and Ember Moon on the card was a bit odd as well. Bit of advice for anyone going to Brighton tomorrow - be prepared to queue for ages to get in. Bag checks, empty your pockets, frisking, waved over with that little wand thing, the full works. Got there just after 7 tonight and didn't get in the venue until just before 8.Ā Thankfully they delayed the start until everyone was in.Ā 

PS. If anyone's arsed, the lad who teamed with Sabatelli and Moss was Dylan Miley, now apparently known as Lars Sullivan. He's the huge skinheadĀ threatening-looking lad who appearedĀ on NXT a few weeks back and battered someone or other.Ā 

That Itami/Lorcan match was superb while it lasted and the angle including Ohno was excellent too.Ā 

Bobby Roode's promo to Roddy was sensationalĀ 

Fucking love Lars Sullivan aka tree trunk legs. The thing they're doing with him and skinny tag partners is brilliant.Ā 

Andrade's character value is sensational

Another class episode of NXT. Feels like they're really hitting a stride again

Edited by sj5522

* Aww yeah! my boy Dylan Miley is back! Called Lars Sullivan now, but still my boy. Decent little tag match with Heavy Machinery and his beat down of his jabrone tag partner was fun

* I'm sure Roderick Strong is a lovely guy in real life, but his promo to the crowd was fucking shocking. Thankfully Roode came out and turned it into something worthwhile. I'm guessingĀ they're going to do the match on TV, I don't think it's got enough steam toĀ save it for the next Takeover (NXT Takeover: Brooklyn III on Summerdlam weekend)

* Itami & Lorcan knocking lumps out of eachother- good stuff and cemented Itami's heel turn, but a couple of those GTS's looked pretty poor. I've never liked that move. Fucking state of Ohno

* Liked the modified Irishy version of the Sanity theme for Killian Daine. I'll be disappointed if Alexander Wolfe doesn't have a Oompah Band version when he has a singles match. OK match DaineĀ and No Way Jose, not bad but not memorable in any way

A good episode with lots of interesting characters on the scene at the moment. I agree with the above about Strong's promo. I must say it did make me cringe and will likely be his downfall in trying to get a main roster spot. I loved the 'behind the scenes' stuff with him so hopefully they can work on his in ring promo's, Roode luckily saved him.Ā 

That Sanity/Big Damo mix up was something else!Ā 

• Paid Members

They're definitely booking Roode's title reign smart in that respect, giving him Itami and now Strong as challengers - they're pairing him with guys they like, but who are lacking on the mic, that he's got the skills and the experience to carry in segments, and then he's a strong enough heel in the ring to bump and sell for them to make them look great, so the challenger can look like they belong at that level while, actually, they're still very much a work-in-progress as far as being WWE TV-ready goes.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Winston said:

I'm really looking forward to Drew McIntyre winning the NXT Championship, it's surely inevitable.Ā 

Yep. In fact, I'd say he's a good shout of becoming the first British world heavyweight champion in WWE. Unless Pete Dunne gets there first, that is.