NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Awards Moderator

Last Woman Standing match this week was really good. Had me wondering a few times whether Nikki might actually win it.

I've probably said this every time he's been on, but I'm still not totally on board with Velveteen Dream. I know it's developmental and everything but he still doesn't seem like he's comfortable with the character, and he certainly doesn't inhabit it like you need to do with a gimmick of that kind. All his gestures and swivels are a bit like he's just doing what he's told - 'don't forget to do the finger thing after you've done that move, make sure you're looking at that camera when you do the crawling'. A Prince rip-off gimmick shouldn't feel so forced. And he's using the Jackhammer as a setup move, which is just wrong. Only Billy Gunn is allowed to do that.

Oney Lorcan breaks Itami's nose with the first move of the match yet there'll still be some plebs on Reddit and Youtube going "LOL injury prone". Oh well, could be worse xD

EDIT: They're already at it  "hideo itami should be released. he's too injury prone and has no character or charisma"

Edited by Love-Wilcox

Doesn't make sense.  Surely the morons think he should be main eventing Mania against Nakamura, not being released.  If he was a former football player, then their opinion would be correct for their kind.  If Oney Lorcan breaks former football player's nose, it's the football player's fault, but if football player breaks Oney Lorcan's nose, it'd be the football player's fault too.  Maybe Itami and Lorcan both being internet wrestlers has confused them and they don't know what to think.  They also haven't had their chance to explain to the casual fans yet that he did the GTS first, so I don't know why they'd want him gone.

Itami v Lorcan and Asuka v Cross were two tasty matches there. Asuka and Cross far surpassed the more hyped money in the bank match and I loved the segment where Cross leapt on Asuka's car. 3 women's main events across the brands this week! 

I love Patrick Clark, rapidly becoming a fav, he just needs more mic time. Him talking about how the ambience backstage was all wrong a few weeks ago was wonderful. Hell of an elbow drop on the geezer too

Looking forward to Roode v Strong and AOP v Heavy Machinery in the coming weeks. 

Weird goof this week, when they ran a promo for the PPV using the audio for Brock v Joe with images of Strowman and Reigns

• 2 weeks later...

Decent episode this week. Nice main event between AOP and Heavy Machinery. Dozovic especially is absolutely great. 

Not a fan of Bobby Fish on his own as his promos wind me up and ROH overexposed him, but nice surprise for him to come in and job to Black. Black is just the shit. Fish coming in surely means Kyle O'Reilly will follow, which is good for the tag scene. Those two guys in the vignette look like they could be fun too.

Can't help but agree on Dozovic, that guy is seriously becoming one of my favourite Wrestlers, not just tags, but in general. Did you see the way he belly to belly'd the AOP chap, fucking hell!!! I look at him and honestly think no feat of strength is beyond this man, he could suplex a horse.

Just thinking how far the AOP have come, they really do put on cracking matches. Black is still my guy, that is the best kick I've seen so far, Fish took it flush and sold it like he'd been shot.

Edited by Ambulance Chaser

Nah, Ciampa is out for a long time yet. I'll be suprised if he is back by the end of the year. I hope that music that played at the end of Gargano's promo isn't his new theme. Nothing strikes fear into an opponent quite like a Paramore-knockoff. He is a strong babyface though and I can see him having a run at the belt against a heel champion, and on his return have Ciampa cost him the win.

The tag title match was really good considering the guys that were involved. As was said earlier, AoP have come along way since debuting last year and Heavy Machinery are a enjoyable double act, but both teams are still very green. But this is the developmental league after all, and both teams put in a great effort.

I felt sorry for the two performers in the Mae Young qualifier. Neither got any sort of reaction from the crowd on their entrances, and they weren't given any sort of time to really showcase themselves once the bell rang either 

Ive only ever seen Bobby Fish a handful of times so I'm not overly familiar with him, but he put in a good shift against Aliester Black, who is starting to grow on me with his longer matches. He does need to stop doing that 'springboard into sitting cross-legged' pose every match though

Edited by WyattSheepMask