NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

I'd put it on Black personally and fast-track Mcintyre to the mains after a few Takeover showcases, put him straight in Smackdown title scene probably. 

I thought the Strong promo was okay, in that the content was good, but delivery has always been his down side. Roode wiped the floor with him though "you've got a moderately attractive wife, your sons turned out somewhat normal" fucking savage stuff

For me that Killian Dain music is dreadful. Sounds like they put hornswoggles theme through a blender 

Edited by sj5522

I think nxt's momentum sometimes struggles with the way its taped and not seeing guys so often, I know that can be a good thing to stop getting bored of people but it also means guys like Drew, Ohno, Black and newer guys dont have any direction.

Maybe we'll be some clear feuds for most guys heading to Brooklyn Takeover 3.

For next NXT champion I'd maybe go will Aleister Black, strike while he's unknown but still has a legit aura,

It may not be popular at the time but I'd have Him vs Roode at Takeover Brooklyn but it would be one of Black quick matches, Bobby being cocky doing his 'Glorious' pose gets hit with Black Mass kick and pinned..thats it new champion.

Black is over as dangerous, Roode has a reason for a rematch (heel can moan he wasnt ready etc) then have a proper match at Survivor Series Takeover.

Another thing if they're planning on doing the Dusty Tag Tournie they need more teams quickly, they have AOP, Heavy Machinary, Moss and Sabitelli ....that might be it, should make it a 'crossbrand' thing have teams from Raw,SD and NXT.

I wouldn't be shocked if they were to save the Dusty Tag Classic this year and do it as an extended tournament next year similar to the Cruiserweight Classic last year and the Mae Young Classic this year. Bring in some teams from the indies, pair up some lads from 205, you could easily pad it out

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

I do find it funny that they sell Kassius Ohno as the "knock-out artist", when they have Aleister Black doing the same schtick far more convincingly, and it's just as an aside to a broader gimmick. As a rule, I'd say that if you're a "knock-out artist", you shouldn't have to wait until 20 minutes into a wrestling match full of strikes to be able to knock them out. Black does it far more convincingly "out of nowhere". I love the idea of Black getting a super-quick win over Roode, but don't see it, sadly.

Ohno went from a title feud his first night back to playing second fiddle to Tye Dillinger and No Way Jose - at least the Hideo Itami feud should give him some decent matches, but he became just another face in the crowd real quick, didn't he?

I absolutely love the idea of a flash win for Black in the first match to capture the belt from Roode - a Roode who has become somewhat complacent due to his utter dominance (once he gets done with Roddy that will be Naka, Ohno, Itami and Roddy all knocked off). Black hits the black mass and pins him, Roode goes back to the drawing board to restrategize. The intrigue of "was it a fluke, can Black do it again is he THAT good. Will Roode last longer or maybe even win the belt back". I said in a previous post, this shit does happen, you get a guy that is on another level even compared to other world class talent, sometimes you hold your hands up and go damn that guy is too good.

Edited by Ambulance Chaser

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, Ambulance Chaser said:

Black hits the black mass and pins him

It irrationally does my nut that they called his finish Black Mass when more than once the commentators have said "Fade to black" when he hits it, and Fade To Black would have been a far better name in my eyes.