NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

They had a match tonight. The attackĀ when Mark Andrew's (painfully average)Ā band played was to set up the match later today.

They should fight at then next Takeover though and they should use this footage to build it up. Great idea for an angle.

4 hours ago, sj5522 said:

They're having a match at Takeover?Ā 

Sorry, thought that is what Andrews said on the mic after the attack. But I suspect he will be the next one to feud with Dunne on WWE TV, they have such long term chemistry it would be silly not to.

A Triple Threat Elimination Match, "the decisionĀ must happen in the ring and there are no count-outs and no disqualifications". So they're having a bit of a scrap towards the back and the refs rules it aĀ No contest. 'The Duggan Special' as someĀ callĀ it, brawl to the back so neither has to job. ForĀ fucks sake! it's the TNA Steel Birdcage all over again. It wouldn't have been so bad if they'd have just gone off the air after the backstage brawl andĀ table bump, but to actually have the ref throw the match out bforehandĀ in a match with No DQ was fucking abysmal. And those fucking refs, "hey, come on! Seperate! Come on...." just get in there and pull them apart you useless sods.

And fuckingĀ Nigel Mcguiness with his "look how high they were!" as Norman Smiley stands in front of where they've just bumped from showing it to be all of 5ft

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

I think, although I'm not positive, that she wouldn't sign a contract because she was making more money in her day job as a character actor at the Universal Studios theme park and doing indie dates.

• Paid Members

She got quite a bit of heat from the other NXT girls, didn't she? Something about being able to work the indies? But that was because she wasn't under contract, yet they were, so that's their choice. That's if there was heat on her anyway. Or maybe it was about her being able to shift her own merch...?

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

I'm not a fan of these Drew McIntyre squash matches. After that first belting match with Lorcan, they should've put him straight into a competitive storyline. Just seems they're killing time by having him beat jobbers in boring matches, until they have something decent for him.

It's completely the opposite with Aleister Black, I'm loving him and his squashes. After Takeover:Orlando I wasn't arsed about Black and was marking out for Drew but that's completely changed over the last month.

Bit shit, the show this week.

Re: Blue Pants - I remember reading that she had heat being able to still take indie bookings, but also because she got her own bit of merchandise too. I'm not convinced that they'll have sold many, but it was still a little bit of extra income she was getting ahead of people who were under a proper contract

Well I enjoyed that Black/Ohno match very much. Black is my guy, not to be fucked with.

Still can't get over the state of Ohno though, like why NOT give yourself the best possible chance of a decent shot in WWE, I don't understand it, the logic. Massive pet hate is fat fuckers thatĀ get off onĀ the fact they are fat, like revel in it as though it's some sort of badge of honour. No, you are lazy and unhealthy and eat too much cake you fat sod. Just sort it fucking out, I mean Wrestling in Basketball tops ffs.

Edited by Ambulance Chaser

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Love-Wilcox said:

Good show as usual but the Full Sail crowd was awful once again, it's quickly becoming the Impact Zone 2.0

You've got to remember this was the last set of tapings and they'd been there over 4 hours at that point. Even Nigel looked tired when they showed the commentators.Ā 

5 hours ago, Ambulance Chaser said:

Massive pet hate is fat fuckers thatĀ get off onĀ the fact they are fat, like revel in it as though it's some sort of badge of honour. No, you are lazy and unhealthy and eat too much cake you fat sod. Just sort it fucking out

You're always going on about this, change the record?Ā 

You're aware of the concept of metabolism right? Two people can have the exact same diet and exercise routine and still end up a drastically different size