NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

I absolutely loved the crowd reaction to Velveteen Dream dropping to his knees. What a pop that got. I like him and I like Aleister Black, so I'm already bought into this angle.

I didn't see much in Black at all when he debuted, but they have won me over with the whole presentation of his character. It will be a real challenge to keep that aura as he begins to have more competitive matches though.

Tino and Riddick Moss look the business and are exactly the sort of guys they need in heel roles in NXT. I hope we see them get chances on the show more regularly now.

Glad to see Bianca Belair, my favourite from the Mae Young Classic, featured on the show and picking up a win. I think she's got tonnes of potential.

McGuinness screaming 'Adam Cole BAYBAY!' is so wank. I'm vaguely aware of thisĀ catchphrase, only because I head Cole talk about it on Steve Austin's podcast a few months ago. To a large percentage of the audience, it will meanĀ nothing and just sounds so contrived.Ā 

Ā 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

He was trading kicks and holds with Kyle O'Reilly a few weeks ago and it was horrible. Obviously that's because O'Reilly is horrible, but for me it really dragged Black down to be involved in that kind of match.

I didnā€™t notice that ā€œdraggingā€ Black down due to thatĀ face Oā€™Reilly pulls in his matches. Really off-putting.

O'Reilly is shit. Nothin about him has any aura. Fish at least has coloured trunks and a moustache. And Cole is tiny.Ā 

Ive never seen any of their Indy stuff, but I couldn't be more underwhelmed with any of them. Drew is a legit 6'5" and Cole willĀ lookĀ tiny next to him.Ā 

Are they as shit as their run so far suggests?Ā 

Ive never been on board with Dream either but his segment with Black was fantastic. Black has such a presence with just his facial expressions. And his music is sublime. He is the total package for me.Ā 

Edited by NorthSeaTiger

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, NorthSeaTiger said:

O'Reilly is shit. Nothin about him has any aura. Fish at least has coloured trunks and a moustache.Ā 

TIL that I've been getting Fish and O'Reilly mixed up since they debuted. I was wondering why so many people were claiming Fish looked much better of the two.

• Paid Members

I fear for Adam Cole beyond the relative safety of NXT. Even against Eric Young he looked tiny, and Young isn't exactly huge especially compared to some of the people on the main roster. I really like Cole,Ā but I can absolutely see him having to go the 205 Live route alongside Fish and O'Reilly.Ā 

• Paid Members

Adam Cole is arguably the skinniest person on the roster. Saw a clip of him vs Young on Youtube earlier and he looked pathetic. Why is there so much hype for him?
People like him are one of the reasons I've cancelled the network and only really bother with the odd Youtube clip now, he looks like a teenager on the indies.

Yeah Cole is really small, he looks like a child. I'm not excited at all by this ROH group. I have always quite liked Fish, his matches are logical and his run with the ROH TV Title was decent but the other 2 can bollocks for me, I think Cole has SOME charisma but something does not connect for me personally with him, I can't even adequately describe it other than I look at him and think he is playing Wrestler.

In other news Lars Sullivan wrecked someone this week, what a brute.

• Awards Moderator

I know a 10 minute TV match maybe isn't the best way to form a first impression but add me to those underwhelmed by Adam Cole. Which is a shame because I was hoping he'd live up to the hype from the off.

On a similarly ROH-ish note, I'd warmed to Roderick Strong over the last few months, but his promo this week was terrible. Terrible!

Give me less of this lot and more LarsĀ Sullivan and Heavy Machinery please.

Or just keep replaying the Black-Dream segment on a weekly basis. It's still so good!

Edited by HarmonicGenerator