NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

The Becky/Banks match was good but the internet is going crazy with MOTY talk. It's a bit absurd. I can think of 3 matches in the past three weeks that were miles better just off the top of my head. If it was the same match but with blokes I doubt anyone would think too much of it. Yeah it's probably in the top 20 divas matches ever but there's only been about 20 good divas matches ever. I think I preferred Paige/Emma to this personally. And while the current NXT divas are clearly more talented that the main roster lot I wouldn't expect miracles when they reach the main roster. Lynch and Banks have probably been practicing and putting this match together at the performance center for weeks.

Savage and Steamboat did the same. Not that Banks/Lynch was that level but still, nothing wrong with rehearsing the match if they did and it doesn't take from the match for me. It has a superb narrative with both girls working the arm, Lynch's eventual escape from the arm scissors being a well earned spot and the post match with Lynch in absolute tears completed the story. I watched it twice today, superb match. I'm just greatful for what we get these days.

Ā 

I don't think he's talking about it taking away from the match. I think he's making a fair point abut their ability to step up onto the main roster. Suddenly with the travelling, having the time and inclination to practice to this level is going to be very difficult.

Ā 

We've already seen a couple of girls step up from NXT and their work isn't he same. That's down in part to opportunity but it must be difficult to put the same into it too.

Ā 

The match was really good but I was most impressed with their demeanour. It's rare from a Divas match that they are able to convey how much it matters and how much it hurts,both physically and emotionally. Their work was solid but the way they were able to suck you into the match was most impressive.

Ā 

Ā 

Lynch and Banks have had countless matches at NXT live events to prep for their match, which was probably one of the reasons it was so good.

It's not unreasonable that, were they allowed to do this with WWE, they could not produce something as good but I agree the schedule is a lot more demanding and the time limits to WWE main roster Diva matches, while increased, is still not NXT standard.

'Back in the day' wrestlers did that all the time - work countless matches on live events before it made TV. It gave them a chance to get used to each other, work out spots etc. so that it looked crisp on TV.

If only they did that more these days, to be honesy

Ā 

They do it on the shows now in stead.

'Back in the day' wrestlers did that all the time - work countless matches on live events before it made TV. It gave them a chance to get used to each other, work out spots etc. so that it looked crisp on TV.

If only they did that more these days, to be honesy

Ā 

Ā 

Dont they still do this to a point? I mean house shows are populated with matches between guys who are due to work a PPV match together.

Is it just me who looks at Balor and thinks "his WrestleMania entrance is going to be out of this world?" His entrance is more well produced than anyone on the main roster. Christ knows what they'll have planned when he makes it onto the big stage.

Ā 

They'd have to redo his music or something (maybe a live band/orchestra?), all his prance cues are made for the shorter ramp.Ā 

Just caught up with the NXT special. I think it's pretty much unanimous that Banks v Lynch was a very good and thoroughly enjoyableĀ match. What I really want to establish though is whetherĀ popularĀ opinion has this asĀ the greatest woman's match in WWE history? To that end who says yes and who says no? If you think no, which WWE woman's match(es) do you think were better?

Watched the show over the weekend - Becky v Sasha was just brilliant. I hadn't seen much of either before that but I was very impressed. Just a shame the odds are against them when they follow Emma (and others) up to Raw and are forced into 3-minute bouts ending with roll-ups. Let's hope they get more luck.

• Paid Members

Observer site reporting more non-NXT matches for Samoa Joe makes me worry he's never coming in full-time:

Ā 

With Samoa Joe only signing a few date deal with WWE, it allows him to work for pretty much anyone as an actual independent contractor like the stars in the territorial era did.

Ā 

Joe will be working the 6/20 Ring of Honor show at Terminal 5 in New York, teaming with IWGP Champion AJ Styles against current ROH Tag Team Champions The Addiction (Chris Daniels/Frankie Kazarian). That day is the television taping the day after the PPV in the same venue.