NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Another absolute blinder of a show. Everything from the different stage set up, the cool as fuck LED walkway, the running order- just a fantastic show top to bottom. The Joe debut was great way to finish it off after the match turned angle between Zayn & Owens. They went at Briscoes Brothers speed to get their shit in but it was good stuff once again.

Becky Lynch has come on leaps & bounds over the last six months.

Even the Rhyno/Corbin match was a decent effort

I'm still suprised these don't get some form of DVD release. Obviously it's up there on the network and wouldn't shift Wrestlemania numbers of units but I'm sure they'd sell well enough

Edited by WyattSheepMask

excellent show, in particular the women's match, however my overriding memory will be Joe's terrible footwear decision, it looked like he'd borrowed my Dad's for the evening

Edited by libertine

• Paid Members

None other than THE MOUNTAIN from Game Of Thrones was spotted at the show. Looks like he's being courted by WWE into signing a development contract. For those of you who don't watch Game Of Thrones, the actor who plays The Mountain is an incredible phsyical specimen. In his mid 20's, 6 foot 9, nearly 500 lbs of legitimate solid muscle. He's one of the top 3 strongest men in the world. Exciting stuff!

EDIT with pic: Gregor_Clegane_4x07.jpg

Edited by LaGoosh

• Moderators

Fuck, I had a cup of tea with him the other week! Aussie fella! Didn't have a clue who he was though. Ha! I said "you should be a wrestler with that size" and he was all like "Haha yeah mate, I dunno, haha! We'll see, eh!", he was probably on about this.

I need to start knowing who people off TV which isn't from the 70s are.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

As much as I loved the show, was blown away by the women's match, exploded with delight when Joe came out, and thought the production values had gotten so ridiculously good that it's starting to look even better than RAW, I was immediately brought back down to Earth when Meltzer reported on what Joe's deal really is.

At least as of last night Joe is on a deal similar to Rhyno, where he's not tied down to anything exclusive and can negotiate and appear for other promotions. Fuck that. They need to make him a proper offer and give it a genuine go at making him a star. A slimmed down, motivated Samoa Joe could be really amazing on both NXT and the main roster. I'll be gutted if he's only in to enhance and coach other talent. I wonder if not wanting him exclusively and having no long-term plans for him is why they decided to let him keep his name.

• Paid Members

I hope that's the case, but Dave said he was still negotiating with other companies as of this past Monday.

It's the worst cock tease ever if Joe finally comes to WWE, but it's only on a part time basis and then he fucks off again.

I hope that's the case, but Dave said he was still negotiating with other companies as of this past Monday.

It's the worst cock tease ever if Joe finally comes to WWE, but it's only on a part time basis and then he fucks off again.

Agreed, but i cant see him not having a proper deal in place when he was brought inthe way he was last night. You dont spotlight someone like that and insert them in to a feud with the top guy on the show without having him locked down. Just seems bad business.

• Moderators

I dunno. I'm not sure if WWE would have invested in merch and stuff for him (Shopzone's already selling Samoa Joe T-Shirts) if they weren't confident of having him for more than only a few months. I just don't see WWE doing a TNA and letting someone who's gettting pushed and fanfare and has gimmicks for sale and kept his name if they didn't have him tied down to not leave with WWE's heat machine and exposure behind him somewhere else, unless they were confident in retaining him for at least the medium term. If not already all taken care of.

I can't see WWE making amateur mistakes like that. I reckon he's on a "No iPPV, no DVD" deal with the indies to finish up until August like Bryan did when he re-signed, then when he's free of obligation signing something exclusive. I just don't see WWE giving somebody that much fanfare on arrival if there's even the slightest chance he'll leave.

Edited by PowerButchi

There is also a video on WWE.com about how he had arrived. With NXT taping stuff so far in advance, he can still honour whatever bookings he has until August and still be appearing on NXT. As Butch said, they wouldn't have invested in merch for him if there was even an incling that he won't be there. Unless Japan came calling, WWE is his best option unless he just wanted to work the indies for the rest of his life seen as TNA won't be seeing out the rest of this year at this rate

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Yeah, I'm hoping what Dave is reporting is wrong, because common sense and potential greatness suggests they should strap a rocket to Joe. He's exactly what they need now that Itami and Zayn are on the shelf.

How about that pop Uhaa Nation got? I've never seen him in the ring, but it was great to see how made up he was with that reaction.