NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

I must be in the minority on the Itami thing, because while the documentary itself was good and there were genuinely touching moments with his family, I thought he came accross like he'd won a competition to be there.

He's all awed at being in a 60,000 seater arena when he's wrestled at the Tokyo Dome, all the while you have Triple H patting him on the head like a small child and all the wrestlers talking down to him after his ragdoll elimination from the preshow Battle Royal.

He seems to have absolutely zero presence in this atmosphere. I just cant see him making it at all.

Edited by Benno

Interesting how perceptions of that video differ. I thought he kind of came off as being like this is cool rather than being over-awed. He still put over Mania as a big deal but I didn’t think he looked like he hadn’t been there before – at the end of the day WWE are never going to allow anyone to compare any show as comparable to Mania as in their world Mania dwarfs everything else.

I also appreciated that he sold the elimination as disappointing and I thought the other guys backstage interacting with him made him seem like he belonged rather than patronising. In one video he was put over by Hogan, HHH, Stephanie, the current WWE champion in Rollins and last year’s headliner in Bryan and they highlighted he was the originator of one of the most over moves in America in the last ten years. Not too shabby.

• Paid Members

My main takeaway from the Itami footage was that he comes across as a much bigger star when he's wearing a suit. Unlike Roman or Cena, who look terrible in a suit, Itami looks boss. I remember thinking it back when he debuted, and it was true here too. They've got to find a gimmick where he dresses like that more often because it gives him a million times more presence than he has wearing his usual gear.

Edited by Supremo

• Awards Moderator

Rhyno vs. Sami was a good match with a great closing stretch, but otherwise I wasn't too keen on NXT this week. I still don't see much in Solomon Crowe, and after all the hype videos I was expecting Dana Brooke to… well, to not be so absolutely dire as she was. All that build-up and she's dreadful!

I did enjoy Enzo, Cass and Carmella's usual routine, and Baron Corbin looked good in his squash. I wonder what they'll do with Corbin if he gets up to the main roster? He needs a better costume I think - he's got the build but he just doesn't look that intimidating in boring black tights. I don't think I've heard him talk yet, what does he sound like? Is he another one of these monster types who's actually really soft-spoken?

Becky vs. Bayley vs. Charlotte next week should be great. Better than Dana Brooke anyway.

• Paid Members

Corbin has looked dreadful when I've seen him, just completely devoid of any charisma. He's the kind of guy you'd see them chuck on the Smackdown roster in 2004. I just haven't seen what he can bring yet.

I wonder what they'll do with Corbin if he gets up to the main roster? He needs a better costume I think - he's got the build but he just doesn't look that intimidating in boring black tights.

A while back in the thread, we had a discussion about the various shitty looks of Barin Corbin. They've tried quite a few for him, and none of them are brilliant.

20130628041008978.jpg

I wonder what they'll do with Corbin if he gets up to the main roster? He needs a better costume I think - he's got the build but he just doesn't look that intimidating in boring black tights.

A while back in the thread, we had a discussion about the various shitty looks of Barin Corbin. They've tried quite a few for him, and none of them are brilliant.

20130628041008978.jpg

I think he legit has the worst tattoos of all time. He needs of of those MVP bodysuits.

Shit beard too.

• Paid Members

I like Enzo and Cass. Two comedy characters to break up the moody ones like Sami Zayn etc. It’s Carmella I can’t stand.

Also, Dana Brooke was a bit shit after all those promos leading up to her debut. Spent far too long kisses her biceps like a female Lex Luger/Chris Masters impersonator, then was sloppy as hell in the ring.

Edited by Your Fight Site

The crowd didn't even respond to his latest squash this week. It's been the same thing for months from Corbin. He must be in the Mojo Rawley level of shite to not making any noticeable progress.

Enzo & Cass said the same wordy thing they always do, definitely needs changing up.

Not sure what they're going for with Dana Brooke. The 'Barbie Killer thing seems a tad contradictory for someone who is a tanned peroxide blonde. Is she meant to be a strong woman or, with the amount she was touching herself, chronic nympho?

Couple of massive edits and that NXT crowd started with "you can't wrestle!" After about 30seconds. Liked her finisher, but can't see her doing a great deal

Edited by WyattSheepMask