NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Baron Corbin is terrible. If you ever hear im speak he sounds about 17. He's got no charisma, he's tall but not actually physically imposing and his hair line is disappearing more and more each week. I don't know what they see in him. Honestly, outside of Zayn, Owens, Balor and Breeze I don't think much of any of the NXT guys. Enzo & Cass and the Vaudevillians are fun and have potential but I don't think the current WWE will know what to do with them on the main shows. Itami is good but is very very tiny and doesn't really have the charisma to make any impact. Solomon Crowe is shit on every level (and he was shit on the indies too despite what most people think). The rest of them are just bland and forgettable. I know they've got about another 30-40 guys at the Performance Centre, I'm hoping some of them be worthwhile.

I still enjoy Enzo & Cassady's spiel and to be fair they do change it up a little bit each time once they are in the ring and make a few wisecracks before calling someone sawft.

For an example of Enzo's promo ability, they came out to do a promo with Renee Young on a WWE Network post-show after one of the Live specials last year (can't remember which one, maybe the one where they shaved the French guy's head). Enzo was riffing every answer to every question and getting big laughs from the crowd and Renee each time.

I think he'd be an amazing manager/mouthpiece on the main roster if put with the right wrestler(s).

• Paid Members

I think Enzo's in the perfect role now: small guy with the mouth who then has a brick shithouse as a guy as backup if anyone picks on him. And Enzo's not afraid to get in there and mix it up before tagging out either, so he doesn't get booed for being a chickenshit.

• Paid Members

Baron Corbin is terrible. If you ever hear im speak he sounds about 17. He's got no charisma, he's tall but not actually physically imposing and his hair line is disappearing more and more each week. I don't know what they see in him. Honestly, outside of Zayn, Owens, Balor and Breeze I don't think much of any of the NXT guys. Enzo & Cass and the Vaudevillians are fun and have potential but I don't think the current WWE will know what to do with them on the main shows. Itami is good but is very very tiny and doesn't really have the charisma to make any impact. Solomon Crowe is shit on every level (and he was shit on the indies too despite what most people think). The rest of them are just bland and forgettable. I know they've got about another 30-40 guys at the Performance Centre, I'm hoping some of them be worthwhile.

Pitcos made the point that Corbin is completely miscast as the bad ass biker bloke, rather than being total bollocks. He's got none of the qualities needed to pull off such a role. He has the look of a man that hasn't kissed a girl, or been in a proper fight before.

He'd maybe be decent with something else, which is really what developmental should be for, finding what will work and what won't.

• Awards Moderator

Baron Corbin is terrible. If you ever hear im speak he sounds about 17. He's got no charisma, he's tall but not actually physically imposing and his hair line is disappearing more and more each week. I don't know what they see in him. Honestly, outside of Zayn, Owens, Balor and Breeze I don't think much of any of the NXT guys. Enzo & Cass and the Vaudevillians are fun and have potential but I don't think the current WWE will know what to do with them on the main shows. Itami is good but is very very tiny and doesn't really have the charisma to make any impact. Solomon Crowe is shit on every level (and he was shit on the indies too despite what most people think). The rest of them are just bland and forgettable. I know they've got about another 30-40 guys at the Performance Centre, I'm hoping some of them be worthwhile.

There are plenty of guys I'm happy to see when they turn up on NXT. Owens, Zayn, Balor and Breeze for sure, but I'd add Itami, Rhyno, Sasha Banks, Alexa Bliss, Becky Lynch, Riley, and probably Enzo, Cass and Carmella to that list for me. Overall there's more people I look forward to watching on NXT than on RAW, which at the moment is probably Neville, Lucha Dragons, Lesnar, Cena, Rollins, Paige, Reigns and Bryan. And three of them were on NXT until last month anyway.

Totally with you on Solomon Crowe though. Rubbish.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

Not sure what they're going for with Dana Brooke. The 'Barbie Killer thing seems a tad contradictory for someone who is a tanned peroxide blonde. Is she meant to be a strong woman or, with the amount she was touching herself, chronic nympho?

Couple of massive edits and that NXT crowd started with "you can't wrestle!" After about 30seconds. Liked her finisher, but can't see her doing a great deal

Firstly, the commentators fucked her over by making a bollocks of her gimmick, she isn't the 'Barbie Killer', she calls herself the 'Killa Barbie', which obviously makes much more sense.

As far as her performance goes, I thought she was absolutely fine given it was her (TV) debut on the developmental show. I have no idea what some people were expecting from her given that in her vignettes they have openly advertised that she comes from a fitness modelling background rather than the indies. She looked great, showed some character and is clearly a tremendous athlete. Could be a big player in the Divas division further down the line, she's apparently only 26 despite having the face of a 40 year old Brazzers star.

Seems she will be a heel for now, which would seem to be a perfect fit for her. The average Full Sailor is far more likely to boo somebody that is presented as a typical Diva bimbo against the likes of Bayley or Blue Pants.

• Paid Members

I don’t think the, “Well, they did say she’s a former model, you shouldn’t have expected much from her” excuse works. She’s in developmental. She was rotten. WWE didn’t have to put her on TV, and especially after a series of vignettes hyping her pending début. They could have chosen to make her train a few more months and round out the rough edges but they didn’t. They showcased her to be judged, and judged she has been. The verdict: not ready even for a development TV show.

Edited by Your Fight Site

Pitcos made the point that Corbin is completely miscast as the bad ass biker bloke, rather than being total bollocks. He's got none of the qualities needed to pull off such a role. He has the look of a man that hasn't kissed a girl, or been in a proper fight before.

No, that's Bull Dempsey I was talking about. I'm convinced that Bull could be an absolutely brilliant fat weak lowercard shitheel, but the monsterbruiserbrawler thing they were doing with him just was disastrous. 

And to be fair, WWE is already pretty loaded with guys who can be the comedy heel jobber anyway.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

I like the presentation of Baron Corbin- the look, the music and the entrance lighting are great. Then he's got a really cool finisher and that's it. That's his entire act from what we've seen of him so far- a cool entrance and cool finish. Nothing in between and the few times he's been expected to pad the act out with a little bit of wrestling in the middle he's been exposed as being bobbins. I think the character could have been absolutely huge with a more suitable guy doing it. Somebody like Gunner from TNA comes to mind.

Yeah the Dana Brooke debut was confusing and a bit messy. In my opinion:

- She looks too much like Natalya. Dropping the pink would help.

- I get the idea she's suppose to be the 'total diva', but I feel like she couldn't make her mind up as to whether she's a bodybuilding poser / sensual / or a bit slutty. First she rubbing herself down and then posing with her biceps. Pick ONE identity... My votes for "body builder poser".

- The fact she recycled through her poses constantly was really distracting.

I don't know why, but I'd like to see her focus on the bodybuilder aspect of her character more, like some sort of sexy lady Scott Steiner. Its not a character they've really done in the past have they?

Come out, show off your biceps, be cocky in the ring, do some press ups, trash talk, hit your finisher, show off your biceps some more, go home.