NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Yeah that was interesting. I've never seen any of his work and only heard of him about 6 months back.

It's an intriguing period for NXT going forward. You've got Balor as #1 contender again, Owens & Joe are hopefully going to be knocking seven shades out of eachother, at least one more match between MurphyBlake and Enzo & Cass, a strong women's division

On the flip side of that you've still got useless Mojo Rawley to come back, Solomon Crowe is shit, The Vaudvillains seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth and I'm not sure what else you can do with Tyler Breeze

Yeah that was interesting. I've never seen any of his work and only heard of him about 6 months back.

It's an intriguing period for NXT going forward. You've got Balor as #1 contender again, Owens & Joe are hopefully going to be knocking seven shades out of eachother, at least one more match between MurphyBlake and Enzo & Cass, a strong women's division

On the flip side of that you've still got useless Mojo Rawley to come back, Solomon Crowe is shit, The Vaudvillains seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth and I'm not sure what else you can do with Tyler Breeze

Is it time to call him up possibly? For some reason  I really like the idea of him having a mini feud with Fandango on coming up and then moving onto Neville in jealousy that Neville made it before him angle. 

Uhaa is an awesome talent and one of the nicest guys i've met as far as wrestlers go. Just a genuinely nice guy with a ton of talent. I loved his work in Dragon Gate and he became an overnight sensation in PCW when he came over here. He was super over at the last DG:UK tour also. Guy will go far.

Edited by truthofsin

• Paid Members

If you assume they want to keep Owens in NXT to headline their touring shows, and with Itami and Zayn now on the shelf, Tyler Breeze would probably be my next choice for main roster promotion. I think he's brilliant. He's got his interviews and entrance down perfectly, he almost always has good matches, and now that the Miz doesn't really do that "don't touch the face," gimmick anymore there's definitely an opening for the male model character. Whilst there's obviously more potential in someone like Finn Balor when he eventually comes up, he still needs far more work on his promos and actually pinning down what his character is beyond a bloke who sometimes dresses like a cyber goth. For me though, Breeze is ready.

I don't expect him to ever headline Wrestlemania or anything, but he's more than ready for the mid-card he's destined to end up in. My only concern is that they'll do with him what they do with everyone else; bring him in with the one-note character and then do absolutely nothing with him. It was the same with Adam Rose, Fandango, whoever. They come in with reasonably good characters, but then that's all they ever are. There's no progression, no development, they just continue to do their one-trick schtick and then wonder why people lose interest.

It struck me the most when I watched that documentary on Adam Rose last week. I'd forgotten what a home run that first night was, and how everyone was buzzing about his character. The problem was that when they brought him up to the main roster they never did anything else with him. He just did the entrance and had matches. There was half a storyline with the bunny, and now Rosa is with him or something, but nothing tangible ever really happens. Nothing goes anywhere. I mean, fucking hell, we never even saw the parties Adam Rose supposedly lived for. You could have had his enemies gate crashing a party, or some stupid comedy skit where he gets refused entry to a club, or even just rip off Russell Brand entirely and make him sex obsessed, or a womaniser, or an annoying pseudo revolutionist. Just do something other than the fucking entrance followed by another nothing match.

That's my worry with Tyler, just like it is with most of the mid-card. There's potential in all these characters to come up with funny skits, stupid storylines, goofy ideas, interesting feuds that eventually develop their characters, but it never happens. They just get assigned one idea and then have matches forever.

But yeah, if I had to choose anyone to bring up to the main roster right now I'd pick Tyler Breeze. He's great.

I think the main creative guy is Ryan Ward with help from Dusty and GQ Money of Wrestling Society X fame and the main scout is Regal. He's mentioned a few times on podcasts that he goes all over the place for them scouting talent.

They just brought in Jimmy Jacobs and Adam Pearce as agents as well. The backstage lot are a right melting pot.

Hands up if you're a complete dickhead who forgot the special was on last night and clicked this thread. Fuck.

Hands up. Haven't had a chance to watch the whole show yet, but the first thing I did when I woke up was check the news. So pissed off with myself. Joe was my favourite wrestler for a while, and I know the news was leaked in advance, but I didn't actually expect it to happen. This is really exciting.

• Paid Members

The Becky/Banks match was good but the internet is going crazy with MOTY talk. It's a bit absurd. I can think of 3 matches in the past three weeks that were miles better just off the top of my head. If it was the same match but with blokes I doubt anyone would think too much of it. Yeah it's probably in the top 20 divas matches ever but there's only been about 20 good divas matches ever. I think I preferred Paige/Emma to this personally. And while the current NXT divas are clearly more talented that the main roster lot I wouldn't expect miracles when they reach the main roster. Lynch and Banks have probably been practicing and putting this match together at the performance center for weeks. 

For me, Banks is as confident and natural a wrestler as I've seen for years. Plus, I'm a huge fan of stillness in wrestling. When someone has the natural showmanship to be still and take in the crowd, despite the adrenaline, ooze cockiness or charisma, it makes me take notice. Banks has that in spades. Few WWE headliners do. 

• Paid Members

For me, Banks is as confident and natural a wrestler as I've seen for years. Plus, I'm a huge fan of stillness in wrestling. When someone has the natural showmanship to be still and take in the crowd, despite the adrenaline, ooze cockiness or charisma, it makes me take notice. Banks has that in spades. Few WWE headliners do. 

I'll give her that, she portrays her character more confidently than most the main roster for sure.

Or you could say, "what a great match, I enjoyed that"

:rolleyes: