NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Absolutely loved the show... Banks v Lynch was amazing and I love her new hair... Loved the main event, was very attitude era as I'm the match became an after thought and was like a huge angle. Nxt really is the best thing they do in wwe right now. The future is bright

• Awards Moderator

Chalk me up as another huge fan of Lynch v Banks. Excellent work.

Ā 

Hold of the night went to Regal's rear noselock. Brilliant. Reminds me of that twilight match he had with Cesaro, working only the knuckles.

Edited by Onyx2

• Paid Members

I saw the show this afternoon and I was going to make the point about how thus is what WWE's ECW should have been but someone made it earlier.

Ā 

It really is astonishing that this product comes from WWE. The indy talent, the retard crowd, etc. It's genius really. Does make me a bit sad that they could never find this level of genuine separation with WCW way back when.

Ā 

Great show I thought like everyone else. I've no comment on how great the Divas match was on an all time scale but (again) I'm truly astonished that the same company that produces this produces the garbage Diva stuff weekly.

Ā 

I might be late to the party on this one but I was horrified to discover Michael Cole's "For the win/victory/title/Championship" wank is catching. Ugh.

Ā 

Joe looked ace. Fuck NXT, I want Joe vs. Cena!

• Paid Members

They've done a really good job with Owens despite his '12 year old at a football team presentation evening' hair, shit beard and teddy bear face, but the presence of Joe really highlighted what a rotund, hard bastard should look like. Even with those fucking shoes.

Ā 

Can't wait to see them beat ten shades of shit out of each other, Joe's shirt already being on shopzone must be a good sign. Amazed they've let him keep the name as well.

Edited by KJHenley

• Paid Members

I might be late to the party on this one but I was horrified to discover Michael Cole's "For the win/victory/title/Championship" wank is catching on

Cole produces the NXT commentary so it's no surprise his bullshit creeps in.

Samoa Joe looks like one hard, hard bastard.

Ā 

Zayn continues to be the genuine face everyone wants to win and Owens plays the twattish heel who's style you can believe in.

Ā 

Women's title match was magnificent as many of you have already pointed out, never heard or seen of Becky Lynch before but she impressed me big time. Banks is the best thing in NXT for me though, what a performer - oozes charisma and always brings it in the ring too. Love watching her. The fact she's gorgeous is further icing on the cake for me.

What struck me about Becky Lynch at Takeover was how confident, natural and defined her entrance and character work was, this from the Woman who we were all sick of just a few months ago for throwing up the devil horns every 2 seconds and doing nothing else. An amazing improvement in such a small space of time. Match was cracking as well, I especially liked Banks refusing to let the ref lift her bad arm in victory at the end.

• Paid Members

Ā 

I might be late to the party on this one but I was horrified to discover Michael Cole's "For the win/victory/title/Championship" wank is catching on

Cole produces the NXT commentary so it's no surprise his bullshit creeps in.
Cole does WWE PBP commentary exactly as WWE want. It's no surprise that play by play commentators in developmental want to mimic it, as they know that's their best chance of promotion. Rich Brennan has done a reasonable job on a couple of episodes of Main Event alongside JBL, where JBL has tried to steamroller over any personality he might show, and he's argued back at him. Edited by gadge

Can't wait to see them beat ten shades of shit out of each other, Joe's shirt already being on shopzone must be a good sign. Amazed they've let him keep the name as well.

This is astonishing to me. Nobody gets that treatment anymore. The most they'll get is an acknowledgement and a name change almost instantly ala Itami and Balor. They wouldn't put a shirt online if they were planning on changing his name, surely?

Special entrances for the opener and both low cost. Stuff like this on main ppvs would do a better job of making under card seem important. Ballors crawling is a bit daft though

• Paid Members

Is it just me who looks at Balor and thinks "his WrestleMania entrance is going to be out of this world?" His entrance is more well produced than anyone on the main roster. Christ knows what they'll have planned when he makes it onto the big stage.

Ā 

I see a lot of hate for the crawling, and I sort of get it but I dont mind it really. He's a man with massive teeth on his face and Gene Simmons cape. If anyone can get away with it, its him.

• Paid Members

The Becky/Banks match was good but the internet is going crazy with MOTY talk. It's a bit absurd. I can think of 3 matches in the past three weeks that were miles better just off the top of my head. If it was the same match but with blokes I doubt anyone would think too much of it. Yeah it's probably in the top 20 divas matches ever but there's only been about 20 good divas matches ever. I think I preferred Paige/Emma to this personally. And while the current NXT divas are clearly more talented that the main roster lot I wouldn't expect miracles when they reach the main roster. Lynch and Banks have probably been practicing and putting this match together at the performance center for weeks.

Savage and Steamboat did the same. Not that Banks/Lynch was that level but still, nothing wrong with rehearsing the match if they did and it doesn't take from the match for me. It has a superb narrative with both girls working the arm, Lynch's eventual escape from the arm scissors being a well earned spot and the post match with Lynch in absolute tears completed the story. I watched it twice today, superb match. I'm just greatful for what we get these days.

• Paid Members

Ā 

The Becky/Banks match was good but the internet is going crazy with MOTY talk. It's a bit absurd. I can think of 3 matches in the past three weeks that were miles better just off the top of my head. If it was the same match but with blokes I doubt anyone would think too much of it. Yeah it's probably in the top 20 divas matches ever but there's only been about 20 good divas matches ever. I think I preferred Paige/Emma to this personally. And while the current NXT divas are clearly more talented that the main roster lot I wouldn't expect miracles when they reach the main roster. Lynch and Banks have probably been practicing and putting this match together at the performance center for weeks.

Savage and Steamboat did the same. Not that Banks/Lynch was that level but still, nothing wrong with rehearsing the match if they did and it doesn't take from the match for me. It has a superb narrative with both girls working the arm, Lynch's eventual escape from the arm scissors being a well earned spot and the post match with Lynch in absolute tears completed the story. I watched it twice today, superb match. I'm just greatful for what we get these days.

Ā 

I don't think he's talking about it taking away from the match. I think he's making a fair point abut their ability to step up onto the main roster. Suddenly with the travelling, having the time and inclination to practice to this level is going to be very difficult.

Ā 

We've already seen a couple of girls step up from NXT and their work isn't he same. That's down in part to opportunity but it must be difficult to put the same into it too.

Ā 

The match was really good but I was most impressed with their demeanour. It's rare from a Divas match that they are able to convey how much it matters and how much it hurts,both physically and emotionally. Their work was solid but the way they were able to suck you into the match was most impressive.

• Paid Members

Most women suck on the main roster. Emma is pretty good but we've seen fuck all but 'do the dance', Natalya can be really good etc. I crow about Adam Rose every chance I get. They didn't do anything to further what he was when he hit the main roster. He likes to party... Yes, can you give me more? Nah just trade your wins and losses.

Ā 

The Ascention, what the honest fuck was that about. The problem was that in NXT they were booked like a team influenced by the LOD. But on main roster they were booked as losers who thought they were LOD. They're shit, but Christ, give it a go at least.