NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Hideo Itami has injured his shoulder aswell and will be out 6-8 months 

I know these guys will have wear and tear from wrestling years before WWE/NXT but guys getting injured/surgery before even making it to the main roster is never a good thing, makes you think if wwe should get guys on the main roster quicker if they're ready ofcourse instead of guys waiting months even years having hard hitting matches plus training they'll do at the performance center.

Zayn, Owens, now Itami have been injured in recent months, Corey Graves had to retire before he had the chance to get called up, going back further guys like Richie Steamboat injured his back (think hes retired but not sure), plus other I'd imagine too.

• Paid Members

I wouldn't be suprised if it's a case of the wrestlers being overworked leading to injury, especially the guys who have been doing it already for ten years plus. The guys on the main roster for the most part wrestle for 5-15 minutes matches 3-4 times a week. In between they have to travel, exercise etc. but they still get a bit of a rest. The people down at NXT are in training 5 days a week 9-5 doing drills, moves, bumps, exercising and practise matches all day long then house shows at the weekends. They must be fucking knackered. And when you've got guys like Kevin Owens, who's had a dodgy knee for years, and Hideo Itami, who spent ages having hard hitting matches in Japan, it's a miracle more guys aren't on the injury list.

Edited by LaGoosh

Big shame for Riley, promo and shape-wise he is a million times better than in his previous run.

A standout over recent months, whilst he's no Zayn/Itami match-wise, I was expecting great things in the near future for him.

Loving Rhyno's return, although him vs Baron Corbin will probably be shit.

Because Baron Corbin is shit.

• Paid Members

Given that he's been a semi-regular over here the last few years there'll be people on here who've seen much more of him than me, but the few times I've enountered him I've been very impressed.

Good look, not the biggest, but far from a midget in the current WWE landscape.

Big strength is that he does both power & flying stuff very well - for example, a signature he's used on the indies is a military press drop, followed by a standing moonsault, followed by a standing SSP.

I can definitely see him getting a big reaction in NXT very quickly, at least, and can see no reason why he wouldn't translate to the big stage, particularly as the days of WWE being percieved to make guys "hold back" are long gone (except sensibly stripping out the endless head-drops from some people's arsenals...)

So the NXT crowd have finally got tired of Corbin, or they just don't like him being against an Indy darling this week in Solomon Crowe, who has new theme music but still no evidence of this hacker gimmick he's supposed to have Whereas a few weeks back they would chant the seconds of a Corbin match, now it's "boring!" And "Barons gonna bore you".

I've always thought Rhyno is a really weird shape. It's either he has a very odd torso or very short arms, I can't make my mind up.

The crowd also seem to have taken to holding up little '10' signs for some reason.

Bayley is now acting less of a retarded child now that she has her headband back. Don't know why she was spazzing about her shirt though, WWE Shop will have loads of them.

Uhaa Nation (whose they still haven't decided on a WWE name for yet) says "man" a lot and not in the cool Razor Ramon way but more the annoying Michael Owen "you know" way.

And this right here, this is Carmella, and she's rough as fuck. And her and Alexa Bliss stunk the joint out.

Adam Rose was a Billy no mates as the Rosebuds stayed at home. Decent tag match with him & Breeze against Hideo & Balor. Because this was taped so far in advance, they teased dissension throughout ahead of the Takeover triple threat of which Hideo may be out of now, so that isn't going to have a payoff for a long time if at all.

They show footage of Zayn/Cena from RAW and they are acknowledging the injury by editing in a line from Zayn about it in the (already recorded) face-to-face with Owens, which was great stuff and looks like that match will go ahead after all

Anyone else ever noticed the weird thing Finn Balor does with his eyebrows when cutting a promo? 

He kind of raises them up really high whilst talking for no obvious reason and then relaxes them when he stops. Really distracting.