NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Edit - forget it, maybe it wasn't a spoiler, and maybe me pointing out that it could be a spoiler would spoil it for people who hadn't noticed it the first time round

If it's what I think you're referring to, I've taken it as a spoiler tbh.

• Paid Members

Apparently he pissed off Cena. I don't know the story though, perhaps one of our Observer reading friends can fill us in?

Didn't he piss a lot of the locker room off by standing up to Cena's constant ribbing. Obviously standing up to bullying wrapped in archaic banter breaks the backstage code.

That's what I remember anyways, this was on top of fucking up a finish with Miz and daring to get an injury.

He looks stellar in NXT, great look, great little angle, epic emotion in his delivery of promo, if he can match all that with some good in ring stuff he'll be IC Champ at least 3 times.

I mentioned in another thread, but this is the NXT thread.....yes, it's Wrestlemania week, so it was bound to sell out, but I still find it outstanding that an NXT house show sold 5000 tickets with no matches (or possibly even stars) being announced.  And that it will most likely only feature NXT stars, and if any WWE guys do show up it'll probably be unadvertised, it says so much about the 'brand' that that's happened. 

Edited by The Dart

Decent show this week featuring the stuff from the Arnold Sports Festival.

I am getting a bit sick of Enzo & Cass'es intro though. It's the same thing verbatim every time and is a bit long. At least Road Dogg kept it to two lines.

Turns out Columbus crowd also like to chant at every opportunity whether it's relevant to the match or not

• Awards Moderator

I'm quite new to regular NXT viewing so I'm still enjoying Enzo and Cass' spiel. If they make it to the main roster they'll have to cut it down to a couple of lines though.

Banks vs. Bliss was a great match. My favourite thing about it was that Alexa beat the champ by count-out. She won, but Sasha was never pinned, but next week they'll have a title match to decide it definitively. How different from the main roster where Banks, as champion, would have probably been pinned in non-title matches at least three times by everyone she faced. (That's an exaggeration but champions get pinned A LOT on the main shows and I think it's great that NXT showed there's ways round that.)

Owens was great in the main event too. I loved how after the match he acted like he was put off by Balor appearing, but the second he thought Finn was leaving he went right back to attacking Riley. And then when he was bailing, he still found time to give Riley a kick on his way out. Their match next week's going to be excellent.