NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

This continues to be a cracking little show in my eyes.   Loving the way that you don't get everybody on every show, so the whole thing has a certain level of freshness every week. 

Anyone else reckon that Kevin Owens looks like a younger Father Fintan Stack off of Father Ted? 

Edited by Doctor Whos Next

Really wish that they would pick a commentary team and just fucking stick with it.

Like the little ongoing feud between Itami and Breeze.

I really like the idea of former stars showing up in NXT to rebuild themselves, it adds an element of unpredictably to shows as well as enhancing the brand as a whole. Could also be a good way to build up a semi regular roster to fill in the gaps that are created by call ups.

Anotner fun show.

This continues to be a cracking little show in my eyes.   Loving the way that you don't get everybody on every show, so the whole thing has a certain level of freshness every week. 

Anyone else reckon that Kevin Owens looks like a younger Father Fintan Stack off of Father Ted? 

I posted a few weeks thinking Bull Dempsey looked like him but looking again I do see the Owens resemblance 

• Awards Moderator

The selfie stick is such an excellent addition to Breeze's act, and it matches his outfits as well. Excellent.

I thought the Brian Kendrick video was great, positioned him nicely as someone we should be happy to see back - it worked on me, anyway, I was sat there thinking 'oh yeah, I liked Kendrick at one point, this should be good'. The Balor match was indeed good, as all Balor matches tend to be. Finn's fast becoming one of my faves. And I thought the Owens-Riley thing was excellent, Owens particularly was fantastic in the way he was glaring so venomously at Riley and then nonchalantly chucking him over the table at the end. I felt a bit sorry for Riley - but in a good way, like 'oh fuck, you're in for it now, mate.' I didn't actually think the ending was meant to set up Owens vs Riley, I interpreted it as 'If you piss Owens off, he'll kick off and you will get hurt, because he's a bastard.'

Nice little Rhyno promo on the episode too. I hope he sticks around. Between him, Balor, Neville, Zayn, Owens, Regal, Lynch, Banks, and the rest, NXT has a roster full of people I'm happy to watch. Which is good.

Edit: oh, and that armbar Becky Lynch put on Bayley was brutal - it looked incredibly painful!

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

Prey much echo HG's thoughts, the Kendrick video package beforehand reminded me how good he was just before he was fired. Good match and like Rhyno I really hope he sticks around. Really into this roster, Baron Corbin is probably the only one I cannot stand. Dempsey is growing on me a bit and the Major Brothers mkII aren't terrible.

The Owens/Riley bit was done perfectly I thought, Riley did a great job with his reactions to Owens coming across as a right intimidating prick.

• Paid Members

Really wish that they would pick a commentary team and just fucking stick with it.

The commentators are all developmental as well.  They've all got to get a chance to work on the show.

Personally I have big hopes for that plucky up-and-comer Albert.

• Awards Moderator

Solomon Crowe is just dreadful. His look and his finisher have got to be the worst in years.

I don't think much of him either. The match with Dempsey was rubbish, the least enjoyable part of this week's episode.

On the positive side, the main event was great, Sasha Banks is just excellent. I loved the Rhyno video package, and as King Of Swing mentioned, the Alex Riley angle was tremendous. That's three things I really enjoyed, so I'm quite happy!