NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Solomon just looks dirty.

Ā 

Loved Riley this week. The way he shot up and was in Owens face as soon as the water touched him was great, as was the fire he showed with Regal. Hope this is the start of something substantial for him, as he's always had potential, and I thought he'd given up somewhat and was resigned to just being an announcer.

• Paid Members

I don't watch much Indy wrestling, so with NXT being my first taste of guys like Zayn, Balor and Owens, I had high hopes that Solomon Crowe would be of a similar quality. He's not. He's dreadful. Everything about his look is awful, from the fake tan, to the stupid hair, to the shitty gear. He looks like a child from The Flintstones. His music is garbage and his finisher was dog shit too. Was he any good on the indies?

Ā 

I still think the hacker character has legs if they actually do things with it, but the guy himself is rubbish.

sami callihan was fantastic on the indies.Ā 

Ā 

more a brawler than wrestler but had a cracking iron man match in PWG i'm sure.Ā 

Ā 

pretty sure he'll grow into it. he's not really done much yet. not everyone can come straight in as main eventers. but to answer your question he's good and was good on indies, just not as good as owens, zayn and balor.Ā 

• Paid Members

I wouldn't say he was especially excellent on the indies, but he did have plenty of really good matches there.

Ā 

His 'finisher' on NXT wasn't a finisher on the indies; it wasn't even a 'pretend' finisher like Matt Hardy's Side-Effect; it was just a funny little signature thing he did early on.

• Paid Members

Well just when I thought the micro details of NXT couldn't get any better I hear commentary talking about why Hideo Itami vs Tyler Breeze is happening and it's so simple - 'this match is just for bragging rights but it could set the winner up as a future number 1 contender'.

Ā 

Beautiful. Simple. No bullshit story telling and reasoning.

TNA-esque move from WWE there, showing an advert spoiling the result of Riley vs Parker before the match happened.

Ā 

Riley was great on this though. The past few weeks he's been really good, but the backstage promo he gave before his match this week was one of the best I've heard in a while and instantly got me behind him.