NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

It's amazing how NXT makes you care about Alex Riley while Raw makes you not care about Daniel Bryan.

That's the best, most succinct summary of WWE in 2015 I could possibly imagine. Kudos, Lister.

I think it was Albert - iirc, his first match on Raw as Tensai was against Riley so I wouldn't be surprised if he'd done a few house shows with him. Dunno about 'loads' mind.

Ah! I thought it was Albert, but I'd remembered Riley as being gone from the main roster by the time Tensai came back so wondered if it had been Corey Graves.

I thought Riley was very good this week. I honestly think that with this build Riley would have been a good opponent for Owens at the next Takeover show, this feud has been the one with the storyline and motive whereas Balor is simply a number 1 contender waiting for his shot.

This got me thinking, does anyone think Finn Balor will leapfrog Neville and the gang to the main roster the night after Wrestlemania? He's seemingly closer to the finished product than Hideo Itami, Neville and arguably Zayn in terms of presence, his merch is selling well and he would be a perfect guy to debut in front of the post-Mania crowd. The Takeover match between Owens and Finn to me seems like it may be a case of having the match on NXT whilst they have the chance. Riley can be a good buffer opponent for Owens after Takeover before Zayn takes up his shot at a rematch with Owens.

Saying all that, there's every chance it may be Riley back on Raw after Mania.

When is the next Live Takeover show?

They have already recorded the Owens vs. Balor match as part of their latest tapings, so I guess that the Owens/Zayn rematch with be the title match/main event on their next big show?

When is the next Live Takeover show?

There was rumour it would be April 22nd, but I can't see that being the case, as I think all the TV shows up to that point have already been recorded, and usually several matches would have been unofficially announced by now.

Edited by The Dart