NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

I read the NXT threads on DVDVR, Something Awful and on here, and this is the only one that's mentioned Kendrick. That's fine, obviously it's the way things are done, but it's going to stop me reading it. No biggie.

• Paid Members

I read the NXT threads on DVDVR, Something Awful and on here, and this is the only one that's mentioned Kendrick. That's fine, obviously it's the way things are done, but it's going to stop me reading it. No biggie.

Must be a slow news week over on those other boards.

• Paid Members

I completely agree with you, and I'm surprised not many on here did. WWE announcing it before it's aired was essentially WWE spoiling it. A spoiler is a spoiler, even if WWE are responsible for it.

• Awards Moderator

I think everyone's having trouble deciding where their line is. Social media has really muddied these waters. I can't avoid Facebook and Twitter because of work, so there's bound to be _someone_ on my feed retweeting, commenting or whatever.

I completely agree with you, and I'm surprised not many on here did. WWE announcing it before it's aired was essentially WWE spoiling it. A spoiler is a spoiler, even if WWE are responsible for it.

How is it a spoiler?  They've announced a match that's taking place on their TV show to get people to watch.  The same thing they do every week for Raw.  Does WWE putting on facebook "Daniel Bryan vs. Big Show tonight on Raw" mean they're spoiling Raw and therefore no one on here can mention it until after Raw has aired?  Of course not.

• Paid Members

How is it a spoiler?  They've announced a match that's taking place on their TV show to get people to watch.  The same thing they do every week for Raw.  Does WWE putting on facebook "Daniel Bryan vs. Big Show tonight on Raw" mean they're spoiling Raw and therefore no one on here can mention it until after Raw has aired?  Of course not.

If Daniel Bryan hadn't been in the company for 6 years then it probably would spoil it for a lot of people, yeah. 

Interesting little discovery I just made through impatience and a bit of playing with the Network. NXT is currently live streaming on the Network for the first time. I watch the WWE Network on my PS4, and it allows me to either watch live or watch from the beginning. I initially chose live, but it was a bit choppy live and I had missed the first few minutes anyway, so I switched to watch from beginning. I noticed on the player that even though the episode had not finished airing live, there was a run time of approximately 47 minutes listed. Since I really wanted to watch Kendrick's return, I tried to fast forward to the main event, and lo and behold, it worked.

It looks like they just upload the taped NXT episode as soon as it starts airing, rather than making it available on VOD after it has finished airing.

If Daniel Bryan hadn't been in the company for 6 years then it probably would spoil it for a lot of people, yeah. 

It's not as though it's going to be a "surprise return" though. It's not going to be out of nowhere and completely shock you, it's an advertised match. Mr Perfect hadn't been in WWE for years, they told us he was going to enter the Royal Rumble in 2002, did you e-mail them and complain about spoilers then?

Edited by FUM

• Moderators

Well, then that's your choice. We're neither DVDVR or Something Awful, and banning the discussion of Pre-Advertised talent and matches opens up a massive powder keg. WWE announcing Kendrick being on a show beforehand is no different to announcing matches for Raw or PPVs beforehand. We don't consider those spoilers, and nor do I consider the Kendrick return one. So, no bending on that from me, and if you feel that it means you have to give the thread a wide berth, then fine, do so.

Edited by PowerButchi

They also try to call it a suprise return as they have his mug on a match graphic.

Then comes a promo video of facing a whose who of Smackdown jobbers from 2008 reminding everyone that he was trying to be Brian Pillman and failing miserably by not being Brian Pillman. Balor then mentions him in a promo

The only way you could have not had it spoilt for you would be to be blindfolded, ears covered and have someone start the show for you on the network and then tap you on the shoulder at the right point

Not that it matters any as they just use his match to set up an angle between Kevin Owens (who is shockingly bad on guest commentary) and Alex Riley of all people

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Moderators

I think the Riley thing, as well as the returns, are part of pushing NXT as a place where careers can be reborn as well as begun, as someone said on it last week. Personally I think that's cracking, I'd love to see some veteran good hands get a second bite of the cherry in that looser environment.