NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Iā€™ve said this before but itā€™s ringing more and more true: itā€™s absolutely bonkers to think that the hottest acts in WWE right now are former indy darlings like Tyler Black, Jon Moxley, Samoa Joe, Kevin Steen, El Generico, PAC, and so on. Hell, even Drake Younger is refereeing!

• Paid Members

Iā€™ve said this before but itā€™s ringing more and more true: itā€™s absolutely bonkers to think that the hottest acts in WWE right now are former indy darlings like Tyler Black, Jon Moxley, Samoa Joe, Kevin Steen, El Generico, PAC, and so on. Hell, even Drake Younger is refereeing!

Its madness isnt it and before them cm punk and American dragonĀ 

Ā 

People in CZW ROH PWG ect must be really thinking they have a chance nowĀ 

• Paid Members

Ā 

I sent my mate a text yesterday saying "I can't believe after watching Kevin was Steen now Owens fight John Cena, I'm listening to SJK talk about fancying Tyler Black to retain the big belt against Jon Moxley.... and here comes Pac."

Ā 

But none of the Western indy wrestlers "making it" quite fries my brain like the knowledge that the first time TAFKA Prince Devitt and KENTA wrestled each other was on a WWE produced show. If you told me that in 2010 my brain would have exploded.

• Awards Moderator

That Gore at the end of this week's episode was excellent. Definite highlight of the hour, other than Marcus Louis, who I like for some reason. It's the first time I've seen him and he's utterly mental. There's definitely potential there. I could see him as being some chained-up loon that Bray Wyatt keeps in his swamp cabin, for example.

Ā 

The first heel that interrupts Finn Balor's entrance half way through is going to get some mega heat.

• Paid Members

The first heel that interrupts Finn Balor's entrance half way through is going to get some mega heat.

Ā 

I reckon that honour will go to Kev. Then Finn will beat him anyway.

Ā 

This is shit news for Bray Wyatt, potentially. If Vince is seeing money in Owens, then the other fat scruffy bloke who wrestles in a t-shirt might be old news. Owens has done more to build the Cena match in two shows than Wyatt has done to build any match in two years, to be honest.

Agree with your general point but Wyatt did a fantastic job of building the WM match with Taker on his todd.

Ā 

Ā 

That's true, but he ruined it straight away afterwards by pretending he'd won in subsequent promos. Wyatt's probably the worst ever in terms of amount of mic time he gets vs how well he ever promotes anything. Owens has sold the shit out of his feuds so far. Of course, it's probably easier when you have Owens' gimmick, which is far better suited to wrestling.

• Paid Members

Ā 

Ā 

This is shit news for Bray Wyatt, potentially. If Vince is seeing money in Owens, then the other fat scruffy bloke who wrestles in a t-shirt might be old news. Owens has done more to build the Cena match in two shows than Wyatt has done to build any match in two years, to be honest.

Agree with your general point but Wyatt did a fantastic job of building the WM match with Taker on his todd.

Ā 

Ā 

That's true, but he ruined it straight away afterwards by pretending he'd won in subsequent promos. Wyatt's probably the worst ever in terms of amount of mic time he gets vs how well he ever promotes anything. Owens has sold the shit out of his feuds so far. Of course, it's probably easier when you have Owens' gimmick, which is far better suited to wrestling.

Ā 

Yeah, that new face of fear stuff was odd. I don't think that was what ruined it though. They've just got no clue what to do with him. He's clearly a cracking promo and he's got the creepy aspects of the character and the delivery down but they do fuck all with it. That Ryback "feud" was the absolute shits. He needs some minions, to win some matches and to have a goal. Whether that be winning titles, taking over the company or just brainwashing people into joining his cult.