NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Don't all WWE shows have a warning about epilepsy before them?

I don't recall them before NXT.
It's a SKY thing isn't it? The strobe lighting warning has been on before every show for years and years.

• Awards Moderator

This week's good points:

- Samoa Joe wrestling in a WWE ring. Surreal but great. I would have preferred him to just annihilate Dawson but it all worked out in the end.

- Becky Lynch. Fast becoming one of my favourites.

- the Finn Balor vignette for the Japan show. Like I keep saying, he just needs to be more demonic in the ring when he's the Demon and it's all good.

- Bull Dempsey's 'fat lad' gimmick resulting in William Regal confiscating his crisps and calling him 'flower'.

- next week's line-up. Enzo, Cass & Carmella vs Blake, Murphy & Bliss, AND Joe vs Owens? Yes please.

The not so good:

- the first half of the show was dull dull dull.

- The first ten minutes were the worst. Mojo Rawley match followed by never ending video on Dana Brooke. Shit. Shiiiit. (Copyright SUWA)

- Corbin and Breeze both treading water at the moment.

- Joe's debut being pretty much ignored so the commentators can talk about Cena vs Owens. I know they want people to watch MITB but considering they'd been plugging Joe all episode I'd have expected them to pay a bit more attention to it.

- No Marcus Louis.

Loved owens response to commentator getting excited about joe elbowing, " I throw a mean back elbow too" . His use of English as his second language is so natural, worlds between him and cessaro

• Paid Members

Loved owens response to commentator getting excited about joe elbowing, " I throw a mean back elbow too" . His use of English as his second language is so natural, worlds between him and cessaro

Isn't everyone from Quebec multilingual and fluent in English as well anyway?

Isn't everyone from Quebec multilingual and fluent in English as well anyway?

Owens has claimed that he was taught English in school but he learned how to form sentences and grammatical structure from watching wrestling. Jrs commentary in particular.

oh yeah, jesus. Every time i've seen that entrance it's made me think of that, I even thought i was on the verge with no history of epilepsy - they really need to tone it down. That's the one with all the multicoloured static right? or is that some other NXT guy with a really dangerous entrance?

just started watching this weeks, Mojo Rawley also has this ridiculous OTT light show

Enzo & Cass have gotta be promoted soon. A feud between them and New Day would be class. Enzo's a star on the mic no doubt

They were back last week.

Oh yay, Mojo Rawley is back. He probably still didn't make it to the 4 minute mark all the times he was in that tag match. He's not so much hyped up as he is someone with out of control ADD. I half expected Jo Frost to come out and put him on the naughty step. Just an annoying fuck, and I can't tell if those Mojo chants had been edited in or not, but if they were legit, I'm amazed the WORKRATE~! pervs are behind him.

They've really done everything they can with Tyler Breeze except put the NXT belt on him. They might aswell give him a run at the lower end of the main roster with a prolonged undefeated streak, kind of like HHH when he came in during 1995, rather than just have him hanging around NXT any longer. Sort of liked the Life of Brian run around spot, unfortunately Dempsey didn't have a cardiac arrest to finish it off.

So is Zlynch doing the Edge entrance every time now? And can someone please explain the fuck 'steam punk' is supposed to be.

Is there any reason why Drake Younger (I don't know what his WWE name is) is only a referee?

Regal's look after Dempsey said he "was up all night training" was fucking phenomenal. We need a gif of that ASAP.

I'm sick of those sodding Tapout adverts, and they're going to be on for another 6 months yet

Close your eyes, and Chad Gable sounds like goofy Kurt Angle, which is not a bad thing. He does only seem to be about 5 foot tall, which is a bad thing.

I stopped watching TNA about 5 years ago, so no idea what Joe has been like for a while. He looked in decent shape similar to when I last saw him. Crap theme music though.

For a first match that he was never going to lose it wasn't bad, he just got his usual stuff in.

Edited by WyattSheepMask