NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

GOURMET MAN FOOD

The fuck are Godsmack doing higher on the bill than Skynyrd?

I still maintain that they're just going round to places HHH himself wants to visit, and needs an excuse to do so. Good experience for the wrestlers though.

Godsmack are still relatively popular in the states and will shift more tickets than Lynyrd Skynyrd, a band who only has one original member in it and have been doing a greatest hits tour for decades.

I was at Download this past weekend and overheard someone, who seemed to fancy himself a know-it-all on pretty much everything from what you heard of him, moaning "why are Judas Priest, who've been around 40 years, playing below Slipknot who've only been around 20 years". Again, it who shifts tickets. If we billed bands on how long they've been around, Download 2013 would have been headlined by Uriah Heep and U.F.O

Edited by WyattSheepMask

That was taped a month ago after he'd been there a day, give him chance.

Fairly mundane show show this week from an in-ring perspective.

The six person tag between Blake, Murphy & Bliss v Enzo, Cass & Carmella wasn't offensive but not exactly memorable either. I'm just glad Blake & Murphy have their respective names on their tights, otherwise I'd genuinely have no idea which was which.

Charlotte against a newcomer, I think her name was Cassidy, in a plodding affair and Joe v Owens was ok for what it was but was there to build to a bigger match further down the line.

The show started with the Dusty Rhodes tribute video, I really like that song they use in it (Raging Fire by Philip Philips).

Also liked the I depth look at Finn Balor just because it just showed you a little more of the man. Awesome that they got hold of some ICW and Rev Pro footage for it. Becky Lynch was a talking head for it and she got quite emotional at one point, but all you can think of is whether or not Finn has had a go on her (I bet he has)

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Well, Joe has been really shit thus far...

I hope for the next tapings they sort his music out. Starts off well, but it's a real heat killer when it 'kicks in'. Reminds me of the rubbish stock music ECW would use to dub over the real themes if they don't have the license for the VHS release.

• Paid Members

Ah don't get me wrong Sheepy, I love Joe! Really enjoy watching the man, but he has been fairly underwhelming so far and given his experience and the

I hope for the next tapings they sort his music out. Starts off well, but it's a real heat killer when it 'kicks in'. Reminds me of the rubbish stock music ECW would use to dub over the real themes if they don't have the license for the VHS release.

Haha, that's spot on Brewster, spot on!
Ah, the old Delta ECW videos and dvds. Some of them had the proper music and others had the midi file versions of the songs. New Jack had an midi or elevator music version of his theme. I think it was Herbie who twigged it when we were watching it one day, and he said "Is that Natural Born Killers?" and fuck me, it was. 10/10 for a thorough, but horrendous, effort. Tremendous.

But back on topic, I think his music does play a factor. It certainly wouldn't rev me up for a fight and drop my bollocks down if I were walking down to that.

• Paid Members

The crowds have been a bit dead for Joe too. His big match with Owens being in front of a tired TV crowd was a bit of a comedown after how electric their first confrontation was.

And yeah is his theme is shit but I won't hear a bad word about the ECW dubbed themes.

• Paid Members

That Sawft group is either going to get over massively or bomb hilariously. Hope its the former, because those catchphrases are fun, but I see no middle ground there. I see them either being massive or working for Tommy Dreamer's promotion next summer.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I've said before, it's too long. The obvious comparison is to the Newage Outlaws. They had something that was two lines to begin with before insert relevant dialogue and two at the end that Billy finished with. If you want to break it down I terms of words, Road Dogg's opening + Gunn's closing = 22 words, Enzo on his own = 41 words. Cass' catchphrase is fine and could get over, but they definitely need to trim Enzo's opening

• Paid Members

Yeah they're definitely the NAO. I'm watching the old Attitude Era Raws and NAO are genuinely getting over due to their catchphrase only, as the matches they have range from garbage to forgettable unless it's a big gimmick one like vs Foley and Funk at Mania 14.

Joe/Owens felt like a rushed match build up, but I could get over that. Really disappointing match between them though. Feel quite deflated - NXT's first fail, for me.

On a lighter note, I think the rivalry between SAWFT and BMA is absolutely brilliant. I'm praying they keep the belts on BMA when they go at it for the titles and go for a gimmick on a takeover to finally hand them over.