NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

I've just read the spoilers for the next few weeks TV and a couple of questions...

Ā 

Ā 

When did Jesse Sorensen join up, or is it one time deal just getting squished?

Is the 'Martin Stone' on the spoilers 'our' Martin who got release a while back? I cant remember his NXT name.

Ā 

I've just read the spoilers for the next few weeks TV and a couple of questions...

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Is the 'Martin Stone' on the spoilers 'our' Martin who got release a while back? I cant remember his NXT name.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I thought Sorensen had retired!

Ā 

Yes its 'our Martin'

Ā 

• Paid Members

As my wife keeps saying about Samoa Joe; "I still don't know who he is or what he wants", and she watches every week. They seem to have assumed all NXT viewers will already be familiar with him, so they've done fuck all to really 'introduce' him or tell the audience why they should care. The couple of promos he's cut were so vague and generic, and with Owens not around as much he doesn't seem to have much to do, but as Majik said, he really should have been able to get over regardless. When you watch his matches he doesnt wrestle with anywhere near as much intensity as Balor/Owens/Zayn/even Rhino, he just lumbers around, sells way too much and for so long that he starts to look like he's getting winded in 6 minute matches, and only shows flashes of the type of wrestler he needs to be. Early 2000's ROH Joe would be a great fit in NXT, but its at least a decade too late, and Joe doesnt seem to have that 'extra gear' any more, and seems to be missing that 'veteran canny' that'd make up for that.Ā 

I'm not writing Joe off yet, as cool as it was I'm not sure it was right to debut him at Takeover in the manner they did, when they had no plans to make the next big main event Owens v Joe. Owens' commitments are piling up now with Cena, Balor and now a Cesaro feud brewing and it's making Joe look small time by comparison.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I thought Sorensen had retired!

Ā 

Yes its 'our Martin'

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Sorensen has been working indys as a wrestler for the last 2 years, ever since his release from his TNA production job. He's the current champion of that Paragon wrestling promotion in Las Vegas that is paying to be on national tv.

Ā 

The NXT thing is believed to be a one-shot try out deal, similar to the Wolves cup of coffee in NXT (unless he gets signed). He's spent the week doing the tryout camp, and they put him on tv as a job guy.

Ā 

Edited by ClassicsGuy

• Paid Members

So Joe's got new music. I like it.

Ā 

They're surely now doing the "Corbin comes out & immediately hits his finisher on a jobber yet again" thing deliberately to get him heel heat, but how it ever got to that point I don't know. Surely they realised people would get sick of it after about 8 months?

Fuck yes, Joe's new music is probably the best theme he's had. Kinda knew it just needed a touch up and it would've been more than serviceable but man that got a pop from me

The start of Joe's theme kinda sounds like it was orignally made for Uhaa Nation as the mumbled voices sound like they are chanting "UH-HA! UH-HA!". Perhaps they gave to joe as they didn't have a theme properly ready for him?

The theme sounds like Simon Says by Pharoahe Monche which samples the Godzilla part so I don't think it is made for Uhaa Nation.

Ā 

The start of Joe's theme kinda sounds like it was orignally made for Uhaa Nation as the mumbled voices sound like they are chanting "UH-HA! UH-HA!". Perhaps they gave to joe as they didn't have a theme properly ready for him?

The theme sounds like Simon Says by Pharoahe Monche which samples the Godzilla part so I don't think it is made for Uhaa Nation.

Samoa Joe says Get The Fuck Up!!!

• Paid Members

Joe's new music is a massive improvement and I thought he was better in the ring on this week's show. Much more dynamic. I guess he was just a bit rusty for that first set of tapings he was at.

Ā 

Owens was great during the end segment, but Balor is still massively unconvincing as a character.