NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

It's amazing how the crowd have gone from going ballistic and counting Baron Corbin's matches, to booing him out of the building as soon as his music hits. 

To be fair, hasn't he recently turned heel? I think he's done really well to turn a 'smart' crowd around like that whilst not having changed much about himself. That crowd could've easily (I was expecting it) started to count this week.

I think it's more a case that he's been turned heel because the regular crowd got bored as fuck of him doing the same thing over and over for nearly a year & started the booing/Corbin sucks chanting, rather than a creative intention to turn him heel.

• Paid Members

It's amazing how the crowd have gone from going ballistic and counting Baron Corbin's matches, to booing him out of the building as soon as his music hits. 

To be fair, hasn't he recently turned heel? I think he's done really well to turn a 'smart' crowd around like that whilst not having changed much about himself. That crowd could've easily (I was expecting it) started to count this week.

I think it's more a case that he's been turned heel because the regular crowd got bored as fuck of him doing the same thing over and over for nearly a year & started the booing/Corbin sucks chanting, rather than a creative intention to turn him heel.

Bingo.

1.. Ladder Match for the NXT Title

Kevin Owens vs. Finn Balor

2. NXT Tag Team Title Match

The Vaudevillians vs. Blake and Murphy

3. NXT Women's Title Match

Bayley vs. Sasha Banks

4. Jushin "Thunder" Liger vs. Tyler Breeze

5. Samoa Joe vs. Baron Corbin

6. Apollo Crews (Uhaa Nation) will debut

Appearances by Hideo Itami

good lookin card, should beat the last Takeover by a smidge. Joe v Corbin I'm very intrigued to see what they do with.

The main event being a ladder match probably means Owens won't do anything at Summerslam

Just in case anybody wanted the women's title #1 contenders match for this week spoiling, there you go

To be fair, although I like the new name, Uhaa Nation is just as cool if not better. Saw a clip from PCW I think where the crowd were having a blast with DJ Otzi references

• Paid Members

Random question but what sort of wage do the NXT guys get? Is it still FCW money (i.e the sort of money that was seen as not worth relocating to Florida for by quite a few people)

Depends on the wrestler I think. People who already were making a living off wrestling like Owens and Balor probably get a better deal than someone like Enzo Amore.

Random question but what sort of wage do the NXT guys get? Is it still FCW money (i.e the sort of money that was seen as not worth relocating to Florida for by quite a few people)

Depends on the wrestler I think. People who already were making a living off wrestling like Owens and Balor probably get a better deal than someone like Enzo Amore.

Some of them are still on FCW-like money, but the bigger name indie signings are getting paid more than Heath Slater and Fandango.

• Paid Members

Some of them are still on FCW-like money, but the bigger name indie signings are getting paid more than Heath Slater and Fandango.

That's saying something though. Those pair are highly thought of!

Heath Slater vs Fandango could be the top match as long as the banner says WrestleMania.