NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Thanks for that valuable contribution.

Finn Balor & Kevin Owens worked the first two episodes of last nights taping but not the second two as these air after the Toyko Network show. Obviously this is just them booking correctly as to not give away a result, but the lower half of the internet are convinced that it means that a title change is 100% guaranteed to happen in Tokyo

Thanks for that valuable contribution.

Finn Balor & Kevin Owens worked the first two episodes of last nights taping but not the second two as these air after the Toyko Network show. Obviously this is just them booking correctly as to not give away a result, but the lower half of the internet are convinced that it means that a title change is 100% guaranteed to happen in Tokyo

I think it probably is, but obviously not for that reason.  Half the internet are obviously morons.

• Paid Members

Joe still has the shittest music in wrestling history.

Still from the same taping, so if they are going to change it it'll kick in once the shows are using stuff from the next tapings.

Joe's theme sounds like he used to have a cool iconic WWE theme and he's crossed over to TNA and they've done the Frosted Flakes treatment on his music. They've got the Godzilla bit in, but fuck me yeah it does go down the drain after that - it just needs a slight remix though and it won't be nearly as momentum sucking.

the Owens/Joe match was decent, the double DQ finish sets up a whopper, and given that Owens could very possibly lose the NXT Title to a babyface and win the US Title, who knows, part 2 might be on WWE programming

An improved show this week. Owens saved himself very well after fluffing his lines.

The same can't be said for Colin Cassidy who started off well with puns on upcoming blockbusters and then hit a punch line that died on it's arse, should have just called them Minions instead of two Teds, which didn't even make sense.

Team SAWFT did their usual routine which we all know my feelings on and won a nothing match.

Dana Brooke had her best match by a long way against a newbie, who I can't tell if they call Cassidy or Casey. Either way, a good outing from Brooke in this one.

Mojo Rawley & Zack Ryder are now the Hype Bros, a name that must taken all of five seconds to come up with. I know that I always make a thing of how little time Mojo is actually in the ring for, so decided to pull out the stopwatch on this one, which I know is pretty loser like. Anyway, Mojo still didn't break the 3 minute barrier for his total involvement in the match.

The second part of Who is Finn Balor WS again ok, although Zayn (who must wear at least one pink rock band item at all times it would seem) popping round and disrupting his Lego building seemed to annoy him.

Main event of Balor v Rhino was another decent TV match and I assume they're setting up a Balor/Joe v Owens/Rhino tag match sometime down the line

• Awards Moderator

Good show this week. My favourite bit was probably those few seconds of Triple H directing part of Finn Balor's entrance. I thought that was absolutely fascinating.

Main event was really good, four of my favourites in there. Weird to think that Joe was probably the fourth-best guy in the match.

Regal and Dempsey's segment was another good one.

On the negative side, I still don't think they're sure what to do with Breeze or Corbin. Carmella doesn't suit the blonde hair. And Dana Brooke is just irredeemable for me. Becky and Sasha are so far ahead of her I can't even articulate it. I know she's new but she can only use that as excuse for being terrible for so long.

Dana Brooke is just irredeemable for me. Becky and Sasha are so far ahead of her I can't even articulate it. I know she's new but she can only use that as excuse for being terrible for so long.

I don't think that she's terrible. She's fine with the tools that she has but she doesn't have many, and has got a pretty unoriginal character. A lot of the criticism should be aimed towards whoever has shoved her in front of the camera too soon.

• Paid Members

Bull Dempsey as a fatty is arguably the best use of a wrestler they've had in terms of who they actually are. If they end it with him hitting rock bottom, then a load of training montages where he legit gets into shape, he could be the best babyface in the world ever.

• Paid Members

The Balor gimmick still doesn't make any discernable sense to me. He has a tremendous look and is super in the ring, but when the bell rings he just turns into any other Indy Darling and doesn't show any kind of personality to compliment his entrance.

It's still the case now - months on - despite the blinkers people have on.