NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Can't wait for Eva Marie's debut on NXT.

Her 'promo' was possibly one of the most awkward things I've seen since Jon Favreau's answer phone scene in Swingers.

Kendrick's got some work to do there.

• Paid Members

Can't wait for Eva Marie's debut on NXT.

Her 'promo' was possibly one of the most awkward things I've seen since Jon Favreau's answer phone scene in Swingers.

Kendrick's got some work to do there.

To be fair, I thought she handled the hostile crowd well. Wasn't the best promo, but she carried on with it without a shake in her voice.

Bliss is great to look at but can't stand the sound of her. Carmella is fucking woeful.

The NXT Chant Crew were out in full force during Breeze v Rose (The Furry Red Coats Explode!). Rose was annoying with his pseudo-party man gimmick, and seemed to even less interesting to begin with then seemed to reintroduce elements of Leo Kruger as the match went on. An ok match but nothing memorable.

Eva Marie sure is popular isn't she. She's actually taken some time away to try and improve herself and the neverbeenkisseds kick in with "you can't wrestle!" before she actually gets in the ring. Fucking goons.

Nice to see The Vaudevillains back. Marcus Louis could be a decent monster character if given the chance, have him just throwing down rather anything technically sound.

Balor v Rhino was a great little match. A proper clash (or as Graves put it on commentary, "contrast") of styles. I think we'll see Balor on the main roster by either the end of the year or he'll be the big debut after Wrestlemania next year, his promos are still pretty shocking but in-ring he's one of the best they have and even just that defined red & black colour scheme makes him look better. I think will slot in nicely with the roster they have now and could have decent matches with pretty much anyone

Eva Marie would be the perfect choice for a heel champion.

Guaranteed heat or if she has improved they could run a "earns everyone's respect" storyline. Though there is probably a 60/40 chance that the muppets would still boo her.

Worth a go though.

.He needs some minions, to win some matches and to have a goal. Whether that be winning titles, taking over the company or just brainwashing people into joining his cult.

This is what I hoped they would have done with him since he debuted.

When he won his first match against Kane at Summerslam, and they carted him out of the arena I was really hoping that Kane would show up a few weeks later as part of the Wyatt Family.

If it was down to me, he would have about 20 people in his "family" by now, I think it would have been good TV and a bit different.

Yeah, just so you guys know, I wasn't joking.  Eva Marie is hot, and she's been working with Kendrick.  This is a good move for her, as I assume she'll also work with Sara Amato in NXT.  I think there's a possibility she'll surprise a few people.  If you watch Total Divas, you realise that she actually hasn't had a great deal of training and got thrown onto the main roster quite quickly, and managed to stay around.

• Paid Members

What's wrong with booing somebody that's quite unlikable? It's not always a case of the fans being muppets or goons.

I'd assume the fact she's been away with Kendrick working on her sub par skills to make them acceptable (which is a huge step in professionalism to want to improve) yet gets a "You can't wrestle" chant when she's not even wrestling. It'd be like people chanting "You can't promo" at Neville or Balor when they're wrestling a match. People try to get themselves over too much.

• Awards Moderator

.He needs some minions, to win some matches and to have a goal. Whether that be winning titles, taking over the company or just brainwashing people into joining his cult.

This is what I hoped they would have done with him since he debuted.

When he won his first match against Kane at Summerslam, and they carted him out of the arena I was really hoping that Kane would show up a few weeks later as part of the Wyatt Family.

If it was down to me, he would have about 20 people in his "family" by now, I think it would have been good TV and a bit different.

Marcus Louis is the answer, I'm telling you. Vignettes of him in a cage in the swamp cabin, then have him straitjacketed and down to the ring doing his screamy thing. Whenever Bray lets him loose, he goes on a madman's rampage until Bray says/does a lullaby type thing to calm him down. Bit like Festus, but more weird and culty.

• Paid Members

Blake and Murphy are the best heels the company has. Their entrance triggered a seizure this morning (I am epileptic). Now that's a way to get some cheap heat. They technically have 'wrestling's most dangerous entrance'.

Edited by Sir Steve Redgrave

oh yeah, jesus. Every time i've seen that entrance it's made me think of that, I even thought i was on the verge with no history of epilepsy - they really need to tone it down. That's the one with all the multicoloured static right? or is that some other NXT guy with a really dangerous entrance?