Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

One of our most significant imports in pro wrestling. Japanese wrestling owes quite a bit to him, he really helped define their style along with the likes of Karl Gotch. How old was he?

• Paid Members

He must have been in his 70s. His name used to come up a lot when Pride FC was still running with guys like Sakuraba and (especially) Josh Barnett were using the catch wrestling style in MMA. Sakuraba and his crazy spinning Kimora that beat Renzo Gracie was a Billy Robinson move.

• Paid Members

Drake Younger has signed for WWE.

All Pro Wrestling is elated to announce that former APW World-Wide Internet Champion and current #1 Contender for the APW Universal Heavyweight Championship, Drake Younger was offered and has officially signed a contract with WWE.

Having wrestled all over the planet for the most credible organizations and outfits -- Drake Younger's lifelong journey has finally paid off. However...See more

Drake Younger has signed for WWE.

All Pro Wrestling is elated to announce that former APW World-Wide Internet Champion and current #1 Contender for the APW Universal Heavyweight Championship, Drake Younger was offered and has officially signed a contract with WWE.

Having wrestled all over the planet for the most credible organizations and outfits -- Drake Younger's lifelong journey has finally paid off. However...See more

• Paid Members

Nothing surprises me when it comes to who they hire. And Drake has a lot of supporters in WWE. Guys like William Regal and Dean Ambrose are vocal about their love for Drake. They'd never have taken a chance on him a few years back. He was a weird looking death match worker, who was pilled up most of the week. He's really turned himself around.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Fandango is doing a signing at Tesco Park Road in Liverpool at 3pm today. I haven't seen much advertising for this but just thought I'd share.

Why is Fandango over in the UK? What is he promoting?