Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
I love the fact that even him being Good Ol' JR was a mean rib on him to make him a Southern Yokel instead of the respected sportscaster type he used to portray.

Is JR any different to Regal or Trish that respect. Plenty of people leave their morals at the door.

Yeah, it's different. They do things for angles, JR does things so Vince can laugh at him. Regal is a ham who's professed to love all that pantomime dame stuff. JR is a miserable, Ornery Okie who's made to do things which will make him totally miserable just for the reason Vince thinks it's funny. Look at when JR was drafted to Smack down. Vince wanted Dole on Raw, yes, but JR made it clear he didn't want to go to Smack down for ages and cried after it. Probably while Vince and Ace laughed and high fived backstage.

RAW IS DOLE

robert-dole.jpg

• Paid Members

Can't see why you'd single him out over it though, there are loads of examples of people being humiliated by Vince. How many have really walked out over it? I'm sure anyone working there who was asked to do such things would eat the shit and like it just like JR did.

There does appear to be a bit of hypocrisy about all this.

• Paid Members

You single him out over it because he had the money and enough leverage not to take it. But he did. The amount of times they took him off TV just to bring him back when Vince got bored and decided to rip the piss out of him got to the point of ridiculous. Billy Silverman walked. Someone who had no job opportunities when WCW went under, and he felt bullied and left. Yet JR takes it. There's bullying. Then it gets to the point where JR is no better than Shahbaz from Big Brother 7. Anything to be on TV, even if its pretty much exploiting how mental he is. JR just wants to have his face on TV. And he'll leave his pride at the door to be on TV.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Also because I suspect he's a miserable, tight bastard who takes himself too seriously, and yet is a big enough mark for the business that he eats the shit anyway.

• Moderators
is (wrongly) considered the best, smartest commentator ever.

Who is?

Lance Russell? I dunno, pick one. But JR is criminally overrated as a performer. He was good, for a bit, when he actually did storytelling, before he quickly became a hollow, bellowing bag of inane catchphrases for about the last 15 years.

Also because I suspect he's a miserable, tight bastard who takes himself too seriously, and yet is a big enough mark for the business that he eats the shit anyway.

Big part of it, yes. He acts like he's above it all in interviews, and giving it the snark on Twitter like he's the world's headmaster, then the next week he'll be on TV in a thong or doing a gangsta rap at no notice because Vince thinks its funny.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

Gorilla Monsoon for me especially accompanied by Ventura.

JR had his time, but just like Lawler it's overdone and mundane now, plus age has caught up, especially with JR.

Raw is in massive need of a differing colour commentator, wish they'd give Regal the push or even Road Dogg.