Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Seems AJ Lee is getting some love from Maxim magazine readers:

http://www.maxim.com/poll/who-do-you-want-...over-of-maxim-0

Some are saying she'll be the next mainstream break-out star of WWE. I did wonder if she would be punished for Punk's fuckery but if she goes mainstream they won't want to lose her.

Holy shit. I was surprised to see such little love for Miesha Tate as well (who I voted for). I know she had that ESPN "Body" issue, but you can never have too much Tate IMO.

AJ has come a long way since her debut, I gave the first ep of her NXT season a watch the other day, and watched her appearance on Main Event right after. Her promos and general character work are brilliant. As far as looks... she has a nice bum and a decent face, but no tits and is way too small, like a 12 year old, or most Asian chicks at my uni.

Some are saying she'll be the next mainstream break-out star of WWE. I did wonder if she would be punished for Punk's fuckery but if she goes mainstream they won't want to lose her.

but no tits and is way too small, like a 12 year old, or most Asian chicks at my uni.

Yeah but you still would wouldn't you ?

• Paid Members

Ugh, AJ Lee, Daniel Bryan and CM Punk, is that really what the majority of wrestling fans are into these days? They look like normal people.

• Paid Members
Does Punk look particularly normal?

Physically, aye. He's not the type of bloke your average person expects when a WWE wrestler walks through the door.

There was that time where Punk threw the first pitch out at some baseball game and the announcers said something like "that's their World champion?!", which led into further abuse about how skinny he is.

I mind folk at work were on about The Rock, which led them to find a picture of CM Punk. They then proceeded to laugh at how skinny he is.

That's not their fault. It shows how successful McMahon's brand of wrestling is/was that when you ask an average bloke to describe a wrestler he'll describe Hulk Hogan or Ultimate Warrior.

Edited by ColinBollocks

Thats the thing with guys like Punk and Bryan. If you were to see them in the street youd realise how built they are, especially Bryan, and not think how skinny or small they were. But when compared to guys like Taker, Batista, Hogan, Show and other huge guys that people have become used to over the years they just seem like average people on our screens.

• Paid Members

I've met Daniel Bryan and he didn't look especially built to me. He just looked like a bloke who keeps himself in good trim. This is the age where a lot of people work out and keep in good condition, so seeing someone who is in decent shape isn't going to knock you silly. We all know lads bigger than Punk and Bryan and see them knocking about the town centre. You wouldn't bat an eyelid at either of them if they were walking down the street. Its why one is tatted up and the other has a big beard. They need to go a different route to looking out of the ordinary.

I met Bret Hart and he was like a giant. He had these big mitts and and his shoulders were huge. And Bret wasn't that big compared to those of his era. You had lower level tag wrestlers like Jim Powers bigger than him. Then you had Shawn Michaels (who was seen as to small by Bill Eadie for Demolition to put them over) looking like Andre next to Bryan a few months back. Its a different time, though. Maybe the business will evolve to where Hornswoggle is burying El Torito in shoot interviews for being to small.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I see what I assume are the only way is Essex wannabe teenage boys who are better built than Bryan and Punk in the street all the time.

*edit* Yeah, what Ian said. I'd probably be impressed if I saw Jack Swagger or JBL in the street and they're not giants in WWE.

Edited by Call me Bellend