Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Seems AJ Lee is getting some love from Maxim magazine readers:

http://www.maxim.com/poll/who-do-you-want-...over-of-maxim-0

Some are saying she'll be the next mainstream break-out star of WWE. I did wonder if she would be punished for Punk's fuckery but if she goes mainstream they won't want to lose her.

but no tits and is way too small, like a 12 year old, or most Asian chicks at my uni.

Yeah but you still would wouldn't you ?

Let me think about that for a minu......YES, YES, YES!!!

The story about Vince selling up appears to be gathering some pace off the back of an interview he did with Forbes. The accompanying article states that there is no clear succession plan and give Comcast and MSG as potential buyers. Some of the article seems like speculation but there is a quote from Vince replying to a question on if the McMahon family would run WWE after he has left "I would like to see a degree of that ... as times go on things will evaporate".

Not a great deal to go on but you would have thought they would have plans in place for what will happen when Vince goes and wouldn't have an issue making them public. As a listed company they need people to retain confidence in the company moving forward, having uncertainty is likely to affect their share price.

• Paid Members

If he could get $2.5 billion for it with the condition he remains in charge, I can see that being tempting. Whoever buys it aren't sticking David Moyes in charge. They'd want a wrestling person running it. And he's the most equipped. It would probably be the same old WWE with someone else owning it if he sold up.

If he had that kind of dosh he'd really be the billy big bollocks he's always wanted to be. He could buy his own Football team or whatever he wanted instead of trying to build shit from the ground up and failing miserably.

Yeah, if anyone ever buys it they're not putting anyone other than a McMahon in charge, although I'm counting HHH as a McMahon in that statement, and even then he's probably mired by being an actual wrestler. Point is there's only one guy who knows how it all works, Vince. There's nobody else to turn to.

There was that time where Punk threw the first pitch out at some baseball game and the announcers said something like "that's their World champion?!", which led into further abuse about how skinny he is.

They would probably laugh about wrestling no matter what. It's fake and that, after all. Why cater to non-fans?

• Paid Members

WWE's version of wrestling is set up to cater to the largest possible market, always has.

The examples I gave were in response to somebody asking if Punk looks like a normal bloke. Going by those two responses, it appears people do think so.

Meltzer (a bloke that is loves a well worked match) said the other day that the wrestling part of wrestling is overrated, in terms of drawing fans in. It's why a bloke like the Warrior did so well; charisma and a cool look/gimmick will get you further than a crisp head lock.

In the hope of attracting new fans? It's one of the only ways of increasing business.

Not the people who just see wrestling as a joke. It's not that they're not watching because Punk is slim, they're not watching because wrestling is wrestling. It's fake and uncool.

Sometimes someone on here will go, "My wife turned on RAW. She couldn't believe Daniel Bryan could beat they bigger guys, that's laughable." Well, that's 'cause they aint a fan. If I showed my wife something classic, say Canadian Stampede, she'd still say it sucked. You can't just cater to non-fans.

The examples I gave were in response to somebody asking if Punk looks like a normal bloke. Going by those two responses, it appears people do think so.

But if Undertaker came out at a baseball game people would probably piss themselves laughing. That's not what it goes on.

Don't get me wrong, I agree a wrestler always needs a niche, and the look is a big part of that. Good big guys are the perfect package. I'm not having this size vs workrate argument. I'm just saying baseball announcers mean nothing to wrestling.

• Paid Members
You can't just cater to non-fans.

Who is talking about non-fans? WWE sells 150,000 PPVs on average during the year and 1,000,000 for WrestleMania. There's a lot of people who wont get their hand out of their pockets who pay to see WrestleMania. Maybe they dont like what they are seeing during the year.

There's a lot of snobbishness regarding every type of wrestler. I love the big wrestlers. I love the small ones. I personally want the lot. I wish the Wyatt Family was on the same show as Umaga and Alejandro Estrada. Along with El Torio. And Prince Devitt. And Cowboy James Storm. As well as Super Porky. And Samaray Del Sol. And Santino. And Damien Sandow. And John Cena. And The Boogey Man. And Hornswoggle. And Grado. I'd love to see a roster where everyone was either insane or wore a mask or took ungodly amounts of steroids or lived in the woods as a cult leader or ate humans or had an afro who spits apples.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

You can't just cater to non-fans.

Who is talking about non-fans? WWE sells 150,000 PPVs on average during the year and 1,000,000 for WrestleMania. There's a lot of people who wont get their hand out of their pockets who pay to see WrestleMania.

There's a lot of snobbishness regarding every type of wrestler. I personally want the lot. I wish the Wyatt Familywas on the same show as Umaga and Alejandro Estrada. Along with El Torio. And Prince Devitt. As well as Super Porky. And Samaray Del Sol. And Santino. And Damien Sandow. And John Cena. And The Boogey Man. And Hornswoggle. I'd love to see a roster where everyone was either insane or wore a mask or took ungodly amounts of steroids or lived in the woods as a cult leader or ate humans or had an afro.

I agree, I was kinda trying to make that point, maybe it didn't sound that way.