Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

JR is in Vegas for a meeting with and apparently a free holiday courtesy of UFC. Don't see Dana trying to fart on his head somehow?

Las Vegas. UFC 171 on PPV. Sic em @JohnyHendricks in Dallas Thx UFC for hospitality. Great hospitality. Love @ufc Thx @danawhite

3:14 AM - 13 Mar 2014

Edited by twelve_grand

Apparently there's a rumour going about that AMC are interested in buying WWE.

Don Draper to lead the merchandise department.

But seriously, there's no way that Vince is selling his company to AMC or anybody else while he is still breathing

Edited by KingOfMetal

But seriously, there's no way that Vince is selling his company to AMC or anybody else while he is still breathing

I agree on Vince because of the control issue and the company is till run in a completely odd way that third parties with controlling interrst would be appalled by (see farting on head story and receipt on air to Ross).But wasn't it interesting that Stephanie McMahon's sold enough stock to buy property shortly before the network announcement - now that could have been a cash flow issue but if you were super confident on the network? I wonder how the numbers are going given they are still doing the free week trial - and if the technology falls over in WM and Summerslam week what will happen to the stock? A lot of risk there for a capitalisation of $2.5bn.

• Paid Members

How is it "random"? Chris Hardwick is his mate and he had to recently cancel an appearance on one of his other shows. And he's a fan of Walking Dead, so it makes sense he'd be on there. He's been on Talking Dead before. He does a lot of stuff with Hardwick actually. He's a regular doing bits on his youtube channel and he's been on his podcast.

Apparently there's a rumour going about that AMC are interested in buying WWE.

There's a nice little piece here from Bloomberg about the potential sale of the company:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-03-16/w...html?cmpid=yhoo

One question is. If the WWE wasn't in the hands of Vince (and one day that is going to happen!) would it really seem like the WWE? Whether good or bad - McMahon has shaped that company and it would be interesting to see what would happen to it when he's not around.

Wouldn't it be funny if he did though. His final biggest swerve is on his own kids and his departing statement is "Fuck you hunter. No one works me and takes what I built. But thanks for all your input and good luck with all your future endevours"

:laugh:

Edited by The Truth

• Paid Members
Wouldn't it be funny if he did though. His final biggest swerve is on his own kids and his departing statement is "Fuck you hunter. No one works me and takes what I built. But thanks for all your input and good luck with all your future endevours"

What sense does that make? If they sold it, it would be under condition the McMahons remained in charge. If anyone bought it, they aren't buying it to stick Fabio Capello in charge. It will be the McMahon's who run it. And whatever Vince got off it, would be going to his kids eventually anyway. Some rib that is. "I've just sold the family business for $2.8 billion which you will eventually get when I pop me clogs. LOL I bet you're gutted".

I doubt the McMahon's are selling, but if they did all of the cards will be in their favour. They aren't dumb shits.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

What sense does that make? If they sold it, it would be under condition the McMahons remained in charge. If anyone bought it, they aren't buying it to stick Fabio Capello in charge. It will be the McMahon's who run it. And whatever Vince got off it, would be going to his kids eventually anyway. Some rib that is. "I've just sold the family business for $2.8 billion which you will eventually get when I pop me clogs. LOL I bet you're gutted".

I doubt the McMahon's are selling, but if they did all of the cards will be in their favour. They aren't dumb shits.

It obviously wouldn't happen. the business has been in the McMahon family for generations so they would clearly have a connection to it which goes beyond money. The post was meant as a joke which is why it started "wouldn't it be funny" and was more directed at HHH's desire to take over rather than at his kids. So questioning an obvious joke and trying to be a smartass about it is what really doesn't sense.

Edited by The Truth