Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Probably nothing major. Anything major would probably be in breach of a disclosure agreement you have to sign as head of talent relations. JJ Dillon's book made mention of not being able to tell a lot of stuff from around the period he was head of talent. The Vince shitting himself story has been told a load of times by different people anyway. Its not like it was a secret. Everyone backstage witnessed. JR's such a spineless fat fuck, he'd crawl back if they asked him to.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

There's an amazing story in the wrestling observer this week about why JBL was ripping on Jim Ross last week. Anyhow the story (Jim Ross told) was about Vince shitting himself whilst trying fart on Gerald Brisco at the Gorilla position and then having to go out and do a segment whilst the cameras shot round the sight of his trousers (reported by TMZ here). Anyhow the additional detail Meltzer add was (beyond that this lay behind JBL ripping on Ross's announcing):

The way the story was told at the time is when he came back, he must have changed clothes, and was holding the loaded old pants. He tried to chase Brisco down with to make him vomit, and HHH grabbed Brisco to hold him in place so he couldn't get away, but Brisco used one of his old amateur moves and reversed and escaped.

A number of thoughts:

- What the hell will Jim Ross let slip if he ever gets properly pissed off with McMahon? That would be one hell of an autobiography.

- Got to love Brisco getting the better of HHH. Reminds me of the story of HHH slagging off Angle in 2003-4 as not looking like a wrestler and Brisco suggesting HHH prove Angle wasn't a wrestler.

I'm not connecting with why JBL was ripping on JR? Is it supposed to be interpreted that JBL is the company guy and annoyed at something getting out that he perceives shouldn't have been made public?

What a story either way. Never a dull moment backstage in that company!

I'm not connecting with why JBL was ripping on JR?

Sorry - didn't want to cut and paste the whole thing - JBL is Vince's 'voice' ((through scripting and headset messages) on commentary and Lawler provided the set up line (asking JBL to compare Vince and Ross as commentators) which means it was scripted although whether by Vince or JBL it's not known.

JR's such a spineless fat fuck, he'd crawl back if they asked him to.

Maybe although his new deals with various people sound perfect for him having an easy life - WWE contract clauses aren't worth the paper they're written on unless they paid a settlement to Ross (likely). And it also makes Vince the most insecure man in the world burying someone who he apparently doesn't think anything of! It's going to be really interesting to see if they get more or less paranoid and mental when Vince dies.

But in this instance it's just a story that's funny and makes Vince look like an idiot.

Edited by twelve_grand

• Moderators

It doesn't make him look like an idiot. Hardly anyone got to hear the podcast compared to those who saw Raw and he got to bury Jim Ross again which is always fun. Not as fun as when they soaked him in booze as they knew he had no spare clothes and had to get a flight to a game straight after the show, but still fun.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Moderators

Nah, I just find the constant burying of Jim Ross hilarious as he has no backbone. Although if he did bum kids that's be another string to the "it's hysterically funny when they embarrass JR" bow. If he wants to live like the loser character in a sitcom, then I'm going to laugh at that sitcom. I don't hate him, I have no respect for him. Negative respect, in fact.

Another great moment in JR History: His mate Jack Swagger fucks JRs ankle.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Moderators

I like the way that in the end he was so broken he'd just stand there with a thousand yard stare, like when Johnny Ace buried him and fired him from commentary when his wife was in the front row on Raw.

• Paid Members

Genuinely curious, why does he have no backbone? He's no different to anyone else the WWE employs in as much as they'd jump through hoops for Vince if he asked them. Plenty of people have literally kissed his ass or barked like a dog and came back for more.

Is JR any different to Regal or Trish that respect. Plenty of people leave their morals at the door.

• Moderators

I love the fact that even him being Good Ol' JR was a mean rib on him to make him a Southern Yokel instead of the respected sportscaster type he used to portray.

Is JR any different to Regal or Trish that respect. Plenty of people leave their morals at the door.

Yeah, it's different. They do things for angles, JR does things so Vince can laugh at him. Regal is a ham who's professed to love all that pantomime dame stuff. JR is a miserable, Ornery Okie who's made to do things which will make him totally miserable just for the reason Vince thinks it's funny. Look at when JR was drafted to Smack down. Vince wanted Dole on Raw, yes, but JR made it clear he didn't want to go to Smack down for ages and cried after it. Probably while Vince and Ace laughed and high fived backstage.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Moderators
Genuinely curious, why does he have no backbone? He's no different to anyone else the WWE employs in as much as they'd jump through hoops for Vince if he asked them. Plenty of people have literally kissed his ass or barked like a dog and came back for more.

He's not some ranting, raving lunatic like Warrior. He's the supposed elder statesman of wrestling, a "legitimate sports guy" who happened to be involved in that world, and is (wrongly) considered the best, smartest commentator ever. But regardless, he comes crawling back after they do skits pulling Slammies out of his cancerous anus, or any number of public and private humiliations that happen time and time again, while he takes it like an absolute wretch.

It's not like he's doing it through any sense of fun either. "I can laugh at myself, King!" Can you imagine the miserable cunt walking to the back after he'd had his face buried in the crack of Vince's bare arse?