Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

More speculation than actual news at the moment but it looks like Sin Cara might show up at AAA on Friday. It's always been more likely for him to go there than CMLL and I guess he gives them some modicum of name value going into the American show. Finding someone to drop their mask or hair to him would go good business at triplemania too. Probably their best bet for a big main event there.

Oddly if he does debut it'll be as a surprise rather than something promoted in advance because...

• Paid Members

Vamp, I'm hearing Rey Mysterio is going to be the star on Mike Burnett's El Rey Lucha show. WWE haven't even opened negotiations with him and by the looks of it he could be on his way. He's only got 2 months/8 years left on his deal (depending if he injuries himself again). You reckon this will happen? I know Konnan has been desperate to get him back to Mexico for a good 3 years.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Rey must be tempted by that prospect, but I imagine WWE will want to keep hold of him for the rest of his career, even if he only ends up wrestling for a couple of months a year. They will probably try to negotiate a cushty schedule for him. He may seem unimportant in the current landscape, but he's a future Hall Of Famer and obviously still an important player for their hispanic markets.

Ryback has a new singlet he's debuting on Sunday and it's the most ugly yet hilarious thing I've ever seen. It looks like it belongs on a shit ice cream van or a fairground ride.

d021753b254bf4cfbadf66f06f909c33_500.jpg

I've always thought Unlimited Energy sounds like a fairground ride. What the hell is that phrase anyway? The singlet is hilarious.

I think I see the prospect the way arch does, it all depends on if the WWE still want him and I struggle to believe they wouldn't even with the injuries. He's a merch seller and quite a useful hand when he's around.

It's a difficult one. It was obvious that Sin Cara would leave because they didn't want him and he probably wanted to go back home and be the big star again. The thing that definitely stays the same is AAA would want Rey, and I think they'd put forward the cash to get him, as well as letting him work any extra dates if he wanted to. I say that despite Mexico not really being a hot bed at the moment. AAA have announced a pretty big venue deal just recently to go with American expansion plans. Cara probably doesn't come cheap either. I think they're taking this year seriously and rolling the dice. You've gotta think he'd be a draw for them in both Mexico and the US. But does Rey want to do it? And is the WWE really willing to let him go? I dunno. AAA is really lacking in the headliner department, and have been since LA Park and Wagner up and left, and at triplemania last year they brought them back and put them over the rest of their guys because they want the casuals to think they still have the stars.

• Paid Members

Paul London's a weird one, he really is. He showed very little personality while in WWE, with possibly the only times being when he cut that promo with the CW belt, and when he wore tassels. The moment he gets canned is when he decides to start showing more?! He's quite funny, and has had some downright silly but entertaining characters since leaving. I know WWE script everything, but it's not like he couldn't show anything at all, is it?