Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Isn't it just free for a week then after that you have to pay for it.

The one I'm using is called 'Hola Better Internet' and I've been using it for a month without paying. My girlfriend's been using it since we got Netflix without problems. She set it up on my pc though, so I don't know the specifics.

Anyone able to hook a playa up with how to get the US version of netflix on iPad?

• Paid Members

From the Observer:

While it’s not a lock, there has been talk seriously of both Kevin Steen and Michael Elgin being invited to a talent evaluation camp. Steen has known about this for some time and the feeling is that if he shows up out of shape, they’ll look down on him a lot. A few years ago, when Takeshi Morishima worked a dark match, and with his flying around at 330 pounds, even though nobody knew him, his match got over pretty big. WWE, however, including Vince McMahon, felt it almost as a sign of disrespect that a guy would come to get a WWE tryout in the shape he was in. Those who have been at camps and noted that they start off testing conditioning making you do stuff designed to blow you up to see who can gut it out the longest, with the idea they can tell from that who wants it the most, feel Steen will need a miracle to get through that aspect of the process. I’ve also had guys question that process, noting that a lot of guys on the main roster, if they were put through that, could never pass it either and some have been solid money drawing stars. WCW did that to Dave Bautista before he ever signed with WWE, and he became one of the biggest stars of the last decade.

Would love to see Steen and Elgin in NXT. Steen may be a fatty, but Husky Harris was way fatter than him. He's worth signing so they can see his level of commitment to losing weight and defining his craft. Like they did with Chris Hero, and if he doesnt work out then let him go. Putting him in developmental for a year and developing him would a great investment I think. He's awesome.

Elgin has surely got a job. He's like a bull. Excellent wrestler to boot.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Looks like Antonio Cessaro will now simply be known as Cessaro. Not sure about dropping the first name personally. How many one one name world champs has there been? Diesel, yokozuna, miz, Rock. Can't think of anymore.

Edit: edge and Christian too. Fuck it, probs gonna work out well for him.

Edited by PSF

Does that mean Husky Harris was put through one of those conditioning tests? Of course that encourages wrestlerd of the same mold - and everyone knows they have a ton of athletic types already. If you're a good, convincing character you don't need to be a level 20 on the bleep test.

• Paid Members

Husky Harris has lost a shit load of weight. He looks very different, as opposed to looking less of a fat bastard. Steen could do with losing a load of weight as well. For the style his wrestles, he's asking for trouble in later life. Nobody is asking him to look like Lex Luger. But he could do with getting in far better shape. There's a difference between being a heavy set wrestler and being totally out of shape. He's not naturally big like Brodus Clay. He's obese because (as he's said before) he binge eats when he's depressed.

• Paid Members
Looks like Antonio Cessaro will now simply be known as Cessaro. Not sure about dropping the first name personally. How many one one name world champs has there been? Diesel, yokozuna, miz, Rock. Can't think of anymore.

Edit: edge and Christian too. Fuck it, probs gonna work out well for him.

Sheamus, Sting, Undertaker (if you're removing "The" like you did for The Rock and The Miz), Kane, The Giant, Goldberg, Batista.

• Paid Members

No way Steen is getting hired. Not with that fucking gut. Even in-shape he's still a fatty (and not good "wrestling fat" like Umaga or Bray Wyatt...just an ordinary looking fatty). I love the guy but he's definitely not getting put on TV. His style and character wouldn't fit in with WWE at all. They've got enough future mid-carders in NXT anyway, they need to be looking for the next main eventers.

And Elgin is a midget. He looks good hitting his power moves in PWG but in WWE what does he really have to offer that no one else does?

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

It isn't 1998 anymore. They are in the market for a variety of different wrestlers, hence why Davey Richards and Ricochet arent there (because they say they have a load of them already). Stone Cold like Steen. Rock likes him. Rob Naylor was badgering WWE with Steen's name months ago. William Regal went to PWG and was impressed with him. Its not totally out of the question that he'd be signed. There must be a reason why he's being offered a go at their camp. Someone must like him up there for him to get even a chance to be looked at.

Here's an interesting debate. Who has more of a chance getting on the main roster if they were in NXT? Adrian Neville or Kevin Steen? They are so opposite they pretty much meet in the middle. One has a great body, is a tremendous flyer and can adapt to the style of his opponent (which they like). But he has the personality of a tin of Felix and is a Geordie (two things we all cant stick). Where as Steen can move around super well, can brawl and is a tremendous talker (three things they love). But his look is dreadful and the fact he doesn't even wrestle in gear shows a massive lack of commitment.

Obviously the answer is "Nev because he actually has a job", but it makes you wonder what they are looking for these days. Its amazing to me they signed Brodie Lee. I never would have thought he'd have been on their radar. But look at him now. He's actually really good. Same with El Generico. Ginger rings around pasty tits was on the black list for years in WWE. And they passed on Ricochet, but hired Adrian Neville because they "already had Ricochets in NXT". You'd think Ricochet would be someone they'd be in the market for if they had Neville on the roster.