Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Younger can definitely adjust styles. I saw him on an All Star show many years back and he seemed to be having a whale of a time doing the family/panto/show out young man style.

I did too. He & Sami Callahan were great in the cowardly heel role in a main event Tag Match, probably around 2009/2010.

The sterotypical indy darlings from the 2003-2007 era are now pretty much all in WWE or in developmental, or have spent time there.

Just goes to show how diverse WWE really are in terms of who they recruit. Obviously tehse guys have improved their skills and looks in this time but most of these guys 10 years ago you would have laughed out loud if someone told you they'd make it to WWE. I remember seeing Calihan and Younger over here at an All Star show and they looked absoluely shocking. Everything about them was cheap. Same with Generico, he looked awful. All the CZW crowd.

There is so much talent over here i the UK right now who flourish developmental for one reason or another. But can only imagine that WWE dont want to fill their rosters with European/British workers because they are predominantly a North American company. They are happy with the odd Scottish/English bloke here and there. Plus all the added rigomol or work visas. A bit of a shame really.

Fandango is doing a signing at Tesco Park Road in Liverpool at 3pm today. I haven't seen much advertising for this but just thought I'd share.

Why is Fandango over in the UK? What is he promoting?

I'm guessing it's just a general Wrestlemania promotion, as well as the Revenge Tour maybe. Some Superstars do go on these random excursions. I remember Miz going to Moscow last year and Cesaro is due in Holland today.

Fandango is doing a signing at Tesco Park Road in Liverpool at 3pm today. I haven't seen much advertising for this but just thought I'd share.

Why is Fandango over in the UK? What is he promoting?

Wrestlemania 30 on Sky Box Office.

He's also been a big Everton fan on Twitter since WM29, as since all the Brit-led chants for him at last year's show, much of the feedback he was getting was from Everton fans who kind of latched on to him in a cult way. The club itself enjoyed the publicity, so whilst he's been over here he's been given a tour of stadium by club legends Graeme Sharp and Ian Snodin this morning:

BiCjg2CIcAAe2fx.jpg

BiC36YuIIAAb7Ly.jpg

BiC83v5CcAEmHGT.jpg

BiC8_OSIAAA8FDB.jpg

BiCXi_3IQAAYQ4O.jpg

BiC_WBDIQAAeZvp.jpg

BiCWXLhIgAAgO4p.jpg

It all started with Everton and Fandango on Twitter when people were asking a lot of football grounds to play Fandango's theme song. Everton actually tweeted that they wouldn't be playing it so Fandango replied to them directly. They've had back and forth ever since and now he's actually taken the time to go and visit Goodison Park.

Edited by Mr Kennedy

That's interesting, when I was there they weren't even on Dutch TV. I think they've only ever done one house show in the Netherlands.

Eurosport has been broadcasting WWE This Week and Vintage for a couple of years now... Sadly with Dutch commentry.

RTL5 has started showing Raw last November I believe. Although they don't show it every week. The ratings aren't that great.

The first WWE, then still WWF, house show over here was in 1992. Last year, in April, they finally returned. And this May they will return for the third time. All shows have been held at the Ahoy Arena in Rotterdam.

Zack Ryder is at it again, trying to re-create his Z! True Long Island Story thingy. Can't see it working for a second time but fair play for him for trying as he's probably on the post Wrestlemania talent cull list.

Edited by neil is brill

Zack Ryder is at it again, trying to re-create his Z! True Long Island Story thingy. Can't see it working for a second time but fair play for him for trying as he's probably on the post Wrestlemania talent cull list.

In fairness he had a good chance of being future endeavoured after WM27. Clearly it's not a certainty as guys like his old tag partner and JTG are still kicking about, but there was a definite exposure as far back as then. He seems to be bulking up, with a push would it mirror HHH's evolution?! Probably not but fair play for hanging on and trying.

There's an amazing story in the wrestling observer this week about why JBL was ripping on Jim Ross last week. Anyhow the story (Jim Ross told) was about Vince shitting himself whilst trying fart on Gerald Brisco at the Gorilla position and then having to go out and do a segment whilst the cameras shot round the sight of his trousers (reported by TMZ here). Anyhow the additional detail Meltzer add was (beyond that this lay behind JBL ripping on Ross's announcing):

The way the story was told at the time is when he came back, he must have changed clothes, and was holding the loaded old pants. He tried to chase Brisco down with to make him vomit, and HHH grabbed Brisco to hold him in place so he couldn't get away, but Brisco used one of his old amateur moves and reversed and escaped.

A number of thoughts:

- What the hell will Jim Ross let slip if he ever gets properly pissed off with McMahon? That would be one hell of an autobiography.

- Got to love Brisco getting the better of HHH. Reminds me of the story of HHH slagging off Angle in 2003-4 as not looking like a wrestler and Brisco suggesting HHH prove Angle wasn't a wrestler.

Edited by twelve_grand