Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Louch said:

Tried to find the old UKCT thread to discuss this but wouldn’t come up In the search. The night one 6 man makes sense, keeps Tyler and Trent out the tournament and will be a very good atmosphere with clear heels and faces. 

Night two having three NXT titles defended, comes across to me that they don’t have much faith in the UK guys to draw the crowd, and if crowd is drawn the credit goes to the “imports”. As a Massive fan of uk scene I just find that a big slight on the Home talent. Given how good the initial 16 man was last January in crowd and action, I don’t see why they would change the format unless it’s the losing faith in who they have. Hope I’m wrong 

I look at it differently. They are effectively giving the UK roster their own night to shine on night one without sharing the spotlight with the NXT/American crew (with the exception of UE). If they didn’t have faith in drawing a crowd for the Brits they’d have split things up across the two nights a lot differently rather then giving them their own seperate evening. 

Also you’d wager the UK title match would be the main event on night two, so it’s not like the UK guys are getting a raw deal here. 

51 minutes ago, Louch said:

Why not give them both nights to shine tho? There’s no need for nxt guys. 

The venue is a 5000 seat venue, I think adding the NXT guys in may will be needed, especially given the price of the tickets. The tickets range from about £50 to about £80, you would see a lot of these British guys on the Progress Wembley show which costs £35-£55, if not them then ones of a high quality anyway. Anyway, who is to say the British guys won't get matches against NXT guys on night 2. Anyway, if you have 8 men for the tournament plus British Strong Style plus Undisputed Era that only makes 14 wrestlers, you would have to bump it up a bit for night 2. 

• Paid Members

I'd not seen it until recently, but my god - I think the WWE UK championship belt is probably the best I've ever seen. Looks proper big-time.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Louch said:

Why not give them both nights to shine tho? There’s no need for nxt guys. 

Pete Dunne IS an NXT guy now for all intents and purposes. The ‘division’ itself is effectively seen as part of the wider NXT family, hence why guys like Dunne and Bate are being featured more prominently in the States. 

Also it’s rare that even WWE’s main shows or NXT run back-to-back specials and get spotlighted on the same weekend, let alone for the UK. They are getting absolutely plenty of time to shine as I highlighted previously. 

The draw is the UK tournament and the UK location. Again, the NXT stars involvement in this is merely an added bonus rather than how the event will be judged/defined in terms of who gets the credit etc.

Yeah but then it changed to cancelling all his bookings due to negative backlash on social media and some companies cancelling him because of it.

Interesting he turned up in CZW as he posted on Twitter about a month or so ago that they were hypocrites for booking convicted criminal Nick Gage yet cancelling him despite having not been found guilty of any crime. 

• Moderators

After six years together, WWE mainstay and budding Hollywood star John Cena and fiancee Nikki Bella have parted ways, announced exclusively to US Weekly on Sunday.

In a joint statement to the magazine, they said, "While this decision was a difficult one, we continue to have a great deal of love and respect for one another. We ask that you respect our privacy during this time in our lives.”

The two made headlines at 2017's WrestleMania 33 when, following a mixed tag match, Cena proposed to Bella (real name Stephanie Nicole Garcia-Colace) in the ring. The two have also been a staple of the E! reality TV show Total Bellas with sister, Brie, wife of Daniel Bryan.

The 34-year-old Bella is no longer a full-time member of the WWE roster while the 40-year-old Cena is essentially part-time as he balances a growing commitment to several Hollywood projects like his movie Blockers that was released last week.

From F4W

• Paid Members

Apparently down to him not wanting kids. On one hand a shame for her because it's been 6 years and 34 is getting a bit old for kids, but on the other it's been his stance since day one that he didn't want marraige or kids.

His proposal was the most clearly forced and disingenuine thing I'd seen too.

• Paid Members

Shit that they couldn’t get past that factor, but at the very least it’s good to read it was amicable and for them what was best. 

I saw the headline and initially thought “shit, what’s happened here then”... glad it's nothing that has ‘hurt’ either of them so to speak. 

It’s fuckin click bait city out there at the moment. “The real reason why” etc.