Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Marina Shafir is Roddy Strong's Mrs so I imagine she has a pretty good resource there.

I think all 4 Horsewomen have been training with Nattie on and off for years and I imagine Jesamyn  Duke was training with Josh Barnett when Shayna was, so they're not complete newbies.

That said I can't see Vince wanting Duke on TV a whole lot, she looks kinda unhealthy.

Knew that Marina was Roderick Strong’s partner, was just meaning that I’m not aware of her having either matches or training.

Jesamyn Duke has smackhead chic going on.

I don’t get why Ronda & Friends are the Four Horsewomen of MMA. You’d think it would imply sort of elite level of excellence, but the three that are not Ronda have all get less than stellar MMA records (Baszler 15-11, Shafir 1-2, Duke 3-5-1NC).  Shafir and Duke are battling to be the Paul Roma of the group

Edited by WyattSheepMask

2 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Jesamyn Duke has smackhead chic going on.

That's exactly what I was avoiding saying!

The video announcing the signing on wwe's youtube is fairly amusing. Makes it sound like they've signed a couple of can't miss prospects and not just 'Ronda's mates.'

Confirmed by WWE - http://www.wwe.com/article/big-bully-busick-passes

Former WWE Superstar Nick “Big Bully” Busick has passed away at the age of 63, WWE is saddened to learn.

A notorious in-ring villain known for his signature derby and mustache, Busick battled Superstars like Bret “Hit Man” Hart, Sid and The British Bulldog in the early ’90s.

WWE extends its condolences to Busick’s family, friends and fans.

Bleacher Report adds - 

According to Figure Four Online's Bryan Rose, Busick underwent surgery in 2016 to remove cancerous cells in his brain and esophagus. Doctors also diagnosed him with spinal fluid cancer in the past year, and he had been in hospice care prior to his death. 

...Busick's son Branko became a mixed martial arts fighter and made his professional debut at Bellator 178 in April 2017, losing a unanimous decision to Tyrell Fortune.

Edited by bigfoote

12 hours ago, eugenespeed said:

Charlotte Flair is needing surgery 

https://411mania.com/wrestling/charlotte-flair-needs-surgery/

By ruptured “implant”. Are they meaning breast implant? I’ve heard due to the solution in certain implants, that can be quite dangerous. 

It’s never occurred to me before but it must be a risk of the trade having implants and wrestling. 

3 minutes ago, MrK said:

By ruptured “implant”. Are they meaning breast implant? I’ve heard due to the solution in certain implants, that can be quite dangerous. 

It’s never occurred to me before but it must be a risk of the trade having implants and wrestling. 

I read an interview with Chyna where she said it happened all the time and they had ones made that would be less dangerous if they ruptured,

• Awards Moderator
45 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

I read an interview with Chyna where she said it happened all the time and they had ones made that would be less dangerous if they ruptured,

I seem to recall one of her breast implants exploded when Triple H squeezed it during sex. 

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

Pac wasn’t so light when he Bronco busted his arse open on a turnbuckle.

It's had a crack down the middle ever since.