Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

38 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Have to imagine we're getting a bait and switch of some kind, or Natalya turns on her and costs Rousey the match near the start so they can spin Rousey off with Natalya for a few months and away from the title picture. 

Or the winner of the MITB briefcase cashes in during the match.

• Paid Members

I fully suspect Natalya will cost Ronda the match to build their storyline, but fuck me, they better hope Nia doesn't injure Ronda before they get to the screwy finish. How you could watch Nia's most recent performances and decide to pair her with one of your most valuable assets is beyond me. She's an absolute liability.

On 5/9/2018 at 5:57 AM, bigfoote said:

Confirmed by WWE - http://www.wwe.com/article/big-bully-busick-passes

Bleacher Report adds - 

According to Figure Four Online's Bryan Rose, Busick underwent surgery in 2016 to remove cancerous cells in his brain and esophagus. Doctors also diagnosed him with spinal fluid cancer in the past year, and he had been in hospice care prior to his death. 

...Busick's son Branko became a mixed martial arts fighter and made his professional debut at Bellator 178 in April 2017, losing a unanimous decision to Tyrell Fortune.

😐😢

• Paid Members

She's vacated the Sendai Girls World Title as well.

Drug charges are a huge deal in Japan - if she's lucky enough not to serve prison time, it's still going to be career threatening. At least she has the talent, and the name value/background, to work in Mexico and US if she's able.

WWE have just announced the first 8 names for the UK Tournament 

Jack Gallagher

Joe Coffey

Dave Mastiff

Joseph Connors

El Ligero

Kenny Williams

Zack Gibson

Amir Jordan

The final 8 will be announced on Friday and the first round matches happen at the NXT shows at Download weekend with the last 8 on being at the Albert Hall the following week

Edited by RIDDUM_N_STYLE

Chuffed that El Ligero is getting a crack. He’s as solid a hand as you’ll find on the UK scene. Kenny Williams worked this weeks 205 Live as did Flash Morgan Webster, so wouldn’t be shocked to see him be in the next batch announced

Dont know what they see in Joseph Connors though

Already a much stronger line up than last time. There's only Connors that I can't get behind being there.

Be interesting to see who is in the last 8. I reckon Chris Brookes is a shoe in and I wouldn't be surprised if Ridgeway is in there as well.

Holding on to the hope that Wor Nev is coming home to do this. Never happen but a boy can dream.

Doubt he'd want to go back to WWE anyway. He announced his retirement from wrestling on Instagram the day his 90-day no-compete clause ran out. Also, one of the apparent reasons people hated him backstage was because he kept banging on how he was only in WWE as a stepping stone to get into TV and movies and as soon as he had the chance there he'd be gone.