Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

On 5/25/2018 at 10:34 AM, TildeGuy~! said:

The Observer are reporting Toni Storm and Io Shirai are the first 2 names confirmed for the Mae Young Classic in August

Where are they reporting this? I'm a subscriber and I can't see this anywhere. They've reported Toni has signed a WWEUK contract and is likely to be in the tournament, but nothing about any names being confirmed, and nothing about Io at all that I can see.

What kept Io from being signed was first reported to be a neck issue, but later Meltzer said it was actually a heart issue.

Wanted to mention the heart rumour myself but didn't know if there was any truth to it. Whatever the reason no one is talking.

I'm also finding little online about current rumours other than some articles (most going back to February) saying that she still hopes to get a deal.

Someone posted a short interview with Io on Reddit and she was name dropping Charlotte and Asuka. If legit she clearly wants a WWE run.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Supremo said:

I’ve read people say they’re going to waste her just like the did Asuka.

LOL.

Ha, I saw similar tweets too! They must have confused 'wasted' with 'turned her into a global star', the fucking dimwits.

• Paid Members

Is Io Shirai actually good or is she rubbish like Karai Sane? Because she is offensively bad. I don't think I've seen weaker offense from a male or female superstar in my entire time watching.

2 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Is Io Shirai actually good or is she rubbish like Karai Sane? Because she is offensively bad. I don't think I've seen weaker offense from a male or female superstar in my entire time watching.

Probably the best female wrestler in the world currently and for a while now. 

It all depends how she is used in WWE though of course. 

7 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Nothing special and certainly not the 'best female wrestler in the world'. I've desribed her before as generic. Very little competition for her in her homeland, at least in terms of native, female Japanese wrestlers. Possibly the best of an increasingly poor bunch, if you like.

Kairi isn't rubbish. She was over in Japan and not just because kawaii. I'd excpect half-decent matches if the 2 face each other, but that'd just be STARDOM again, in a different ring.

I’ve never heard of her because I don’t follow a whole lot of Japanese wrestling outside of New Japan.

I assume “using her wrong” is just not having her steamroll everybody and giving her the Daniel Bryan burial treatment by, shock horror, have her lose a match at some point?

So what would using her “right” be?

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I assume “using her wrong” is just not having her steamroll everybody and giving her the Daniel Bryan burial treatment by, shock horror, have her lose a match at some point?

Yep. That's pretty much how I understand 'using him/her wrong' and 'wasting talent' whenever the neckbeards cry it on Twitter.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, KingofSports said:

Kairi isn't rubbish. She was over in Japan

So was Albert. Being over in Japan is more of an insult than a compliment.