Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

18 minutes ago, Pinc said:

Innit, let people speculate. Its not implausible that this could lead to a come back of some kind.

That’s what I was thinking too, people are obviously going to get excited, he hasn’t done anything wrestling related since leaving in 2014, so with him doing this it’s hard for his fans not to get excited that he’s got a bit of the bug or through doing this could catch the bug to want to wrestle again. Early days of course but anything’s possible

• Paid Members

Fair play to them. That’s a hell of an achievement. You have to wonder how big of a building they could’ve filled if they managed to shift 10,000 seats in an hour.

Fingers crossed they stream the show now they’ve shifted all the tickets.

55 minutes ago, FUM said:

To be honest, wasn't this all just to prove a point after a debate with someone rather than a plan to start running more shows?

Wasn't it a running joke at Meltzer or something? If they can make money out of it then I think they will do more. Not a regular show promotion but 2-3 shows a year.

1 hour ago, FUM said:

To be honest, wasn't this all just to prove a point after a debate with someone rather than a plan to start running more shows?

Thing is, it hasn't even done that. Meltzer originally said that ROH would struggle to sell out a 10,000 seater. Which they haven't done. 

1 hour ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

WWE's Facebook page is announcing Nia Jax v Ronda Rousey at MITB.

Way, way, way too soon for this IMO. Not only is it too early for Ronda as champ but it'd basically be a face vs face match with very little build and zero heat. I don't know what they're thinking here.

17 minutes ago, Love-Wilcox said:

Way, way, way too soon for this IMO. Not only is it too early for Ronda as champ but it'd basically be a face vs face match with very little build and zero heat. I don't know what they're thinking here.

Yeah I thought the house show matches coming up this week, and recent TV, indicated Rousey's next PPV match would be with Mickie James, who would undoubtedly do a far better job carrying Rousey to a watchable match than Jax. 

• Paid Members

Have to imagine we're getting a bait and switch of some kind, or Natalya turns on her and costs Rousey the match near the start so they can spin Rousey off with Natalya for a few months and away from the title picture.