Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, Loki said:

He has had some great matches and it would be nice to see him used by WWE after the HoF - the guy has a good wrestling brain.

I was thinking earlier about what role WWE could put him in after Mania. I've got a feeling he might end up as Raw or Smackdown GM. I'm assuming Angle is getting kayfabe fired after Mania and Bryan will leave the GM position, so they'll need somebody to fill those spots. And while he would get an initial babyface pop, I can imagine him making a cracking heel GM (similar to Bischoff) down the road.

15 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Is it weird that I have a baseless, unexplainable assumption that Jarrett is probably a really nice bloke?

I’ve thought that too, he comes across like a nice guy in this too.  I’m guessing Karen is a right cunt though. 

I'd love to see him as the GM but ideally as a heel although with Stephanie sticking around to be feuding with Rousey a little longer i'm guessing and I have a hunch we might see Shane turn heel soon i'm guessing he will be a face to balance things out a bit.

Considering the fact Goldberg is supposed to be the star inductee but Double J is getting all this attention, you have to assume they have something planned post Mania with him. 

WWE Hall of Famer Johnny Valiant passed away today after being hit by a truck in Ross Township, PA, according to WPXI.

Valiant was 71 years old.

Valiant was struck by a pickup truck Wednesday morning at around 5am on McKnight Road in Ross Township. Police say Valiant ran across the busy road and was hit by the truck. He was not using a crosswalk.

"We do have witnesses. There was other traffic on McKnight at the time, so we were able to speak with people who actually witnessed the accident," said Ross Township Det. Brian Kohlepp.

Valiant passed away at a local hospital shortly after the accident.

“The driver of the truck stayed here on the scene. There's no indication that this was anything other than a terrible accident at this point, but we're still investigating,” Kohlhepp said.

• Paid Members

5tar2.thumb.png.3a429a79ded2543b7670d27ad25fbf90.png

I've done a tweet thread thing on the best way to pay for any streaming stuff over Mania weekend that may be helpful to some. The long and short of it is - if you can sign up to FITE and install their app for the first time on a device, you can get equal credit back for every purchase in the first 24 hours. I. E. You could buy 2 PPV's and get equal credit to buy another 2 back. 

If you use one of the promo codes I mention in the thread on their app, you get $15 credit as a new user also. 

Alternatively you can join Club WWN ($9.99 a month) and get 50% off the WWN shows (but not Bloodsport, Janela or Shimmer - because Gabe) and you can join the ROH Honor Club ($9.99 monthly) and get Supercard Of Honor for Free.

Edited by Benno

• Paid Members

Honestly, I'm surprised he still gets booked. It's not like we haven't heard about this kind of behaviour from him before.

EDIT: Dammit, Benno! This post was in response to Daaaaad

Edited by Carbomb

2 hours ago, Benno said:

I've done a tweet thread thing on the best way to pay for any streaming stuff over Mania weekend that may be helpful to some. The long and short of it is - if you can sign up to FITE and install their app for the first time on a device, you can get equal credit back for every purchase in the first 24 hours. I. E. You could buy 2 PPV's and get equal credit to buy another 2 back. 

If you use one of the promo codes I mention in the thread on their app, you get $15 credit as a new user also. 

This is excellent news! I'll be doing this for sure, cheers! 

My understanding was that you only got ROH PPVs free with the VIP Honor Club membership which is a one off $120 a year. Is that not the case?

EDIT: Just read your Tweets. Ignore me!

Edited by SiWri

I had a revelation watching NXT this week that Lars Sullivan looks how Low Ki thinks he looks.  Even their idle is the same!