Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

In essence, there are really only two reasons to end a streak that I can think of, and that's either to build an up-and-comer as a big deal, or to get white heat for a villain. Sometimes the two converge.

That's if it's a "legit" streak, though. I must admit I do love a heel-ish streak where it's quite clear that the heel in question is not on the level of his opponents, but keeps winning through cheating or interference. Always a great pay-off when they finally get beat.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

If ever they do have women main-eventing Mania an undefeated Asuka v an undefeated Rousey would be it in my opinion.

Ā 

That's exactly what I was thinking. They've broken ground with women's wrestling so much over the past 2/3 years, main eventing WrestleMania is not only the biggest thing left to do but probably the only thing bigger than what they've done so far. Unless Rousey tanks, I can definitely see this going on last next year.

On 28 March 2018 at 11:53 AM, mim731 said:

Can you imagine the mega heat if she cashes in and beats Asuka, at Mania no less, ending the streak?

EDIT: To clarify, in the long term, it's a terrible idea. But WWE often dabble in short-termism. Hopefully they don't, even though the reaction would be insane.Ā 

It would be funny. But the more likelyhood is that Carmella cashes in during the match when Asuka destroys Charlotte and then Carmella comes in to steal the win (like Seth). That way Charlotte can say she never lost to Asuka. Asuka doesn't get pinned/submitted and Carmella runs off with the title with both Charlotte/Asuka chasing her.Ā 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Briefcase said:

It would be funny. But the more likelyhood is that Carmella cashes in during the match when Asuka destroys Charlotte and then Carmella comes in to steal the win (like Seth). That way Charlotte can say she never lost to Asuka. Asuka doesn't get pinned/submitted and Carmella runs off with the title with both Charlotte/Asuka chasing her.Ā 

I think the most likely Carmella outcome, which I'm parroting from someone else but forget who, is that she cashes in for the Raw belt instead. Alexa manages to Honky Tonk her way to retaining through cheap means, Nia goes berserk and wrecks her, the Princess cashes in. Redresses the balance of Raw losing a character to "Smackers" - namely Asuka - and gives Lexi a break from carrying the heel side on Raw, which she has for nigh on 12 months. Whatever SmackDown does with Asuka will be fresh, Raw post Mania can have Nia stalking Carmella, which would be fresher than more Bliss/Jax matches.

Don't feel bad for Alexa though, she gets to be Braun's partner later.

Edited by air_raid

On 26/03/2018 at 4:30 PM, TildeGuy~! said:

WWE have announced additional matches for the Greatest Royal Rumble event in Saudi ArabiaĀ 

John CenaĀ Vs Triple HĀ 

The Miz Vs. Seth Rollins Vs. Finn Balor Vs. Samoa Joe in a Ladder match for the Intercontinental Championship

The Hardy Boyz Vs The BarĀ 

WWE have just announced the first 5 names for the Rumble, BrayĀ Wyatt, Big Show, Kane, Braun Strowman and Daniel Bryan

4 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Anyone hear about the Briscoes snatching a gay pride flag out of someones hands at a Fight Club Pro show? What a pair of wankers.

Yeah I was there, it was at the Manchester show for the 2nd night of their DTTI tournament. I'd seen on Twitter people having pride flags on the first night, and on the second night they were brawling in the crowd and ended up taking it from someone's hand and chucking it on the floor I think.

It goes hand in hand with the homophobic tweets Jay Briscoe made, claiming he would shoot anyone trying to teach his children about gay marriage being acceptable. The fact that some edgelords are parading round going "hurr durrĀ the heel did something mean" isn't helping the situation either. Pair of wankers and I hope they aren't booked in the country again. Absolutely no desire to see them wrestling again after becoming aware of their stances towards homosexuality.Ā 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

One of them (Jay I think) has been openly homophobic on Twitter in the past and it's probably the reason they've never been offered WWE contracts.Ā 

I think they were offered WWE contracts and got them pulled because of the tweets, if I remember right. They were definitely headed there prior to the tweets a few years back. Fucking morons.

I used to love their gimmick, until I found out it wasnt actually a gimmick and they were thick toothless, animal killing backward cunts.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay