Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Following on from an excellent article/interview with Cody Rhodes recently, there's a similarly enjoyable article about The Undertaker at The Ringer:

https://www.theringer.com/2018/4/4/17195692/undertaker-career-wrestlemania-wwe-wrestling-streak

Fantastic article, thanks for sharing. I have to admit I haven’t been that into the Cena buildup, but that article’s made me intrigued to see what takes place on Sunday.

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I’d recommend watching Bloodsport... 2 matches in and its absolutely bonkers. 

I really wanted to sign up to fite in order to watch Bloodsport, Soring Break and Shimmer, but only signed up to NJPW world a couple of weeks ago and I’m barely watching it due to time constraints.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

10 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

I really wanted to sign up to fite in order to watch Bloodsport, Soring Break and Shimmer, but only signed up to NJPW world a couple of weeks ago and I’m barely watching it due to time constraints.

All matches are part work part shoot it seems, 

Dan Severn and Chris Dickinson are beating the shot out of each other. 

• Moderators
On 4/4/2018 at 10:43 PM, air_raid said:

Is it weird that I have a baseless, unexplainable assumption that Jarrett is probably a really nice bloke?

I've been lucky enough to work with him and talked to him for quite a while and he is indeed sound as fuuck. Ditto Karen.

On 4/5/2018 at 10:03 PM, TildeGuy~! said:

I’d recommend watching Bloodsport... 2 matches in and its absolutely bonkers. 

I watched the first three matches & had to turn it off! I thought it was awful.

Pro Wrestling should not pretend to be MMA, it just looks bad. I assume they took the ropes off to give it a "legit" feel? Which is weird because a lot of MMA is done within a ring (with ropes).

The referee stopped a couple of matches for virtually nothing, then let Nick Gage fight around ringside!!!!
Just a rotten idea for a show. I thought they would put the ropes back on after a couple of matches & do a show, but no...It was the whole show & nobody seemed to know how to throw a decent "worked punch" :(

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Pier Six Brawler said:

Pro wrestling absolutely should pretend be MMA, if not, what should it pretend to be?

How about it doesn't pretend to be anything other than Pro Wrestling. Its changed over the years but pro wrestling at its best still better than MMA every day of the week. 

27 minutes ago, Pier Six Brawler said:

Pro wrestling absolutely should pretend be MMA, if not, what should it pretend to be?

Why watch pretend MMA? Why not watch the real stuff? Pro wrestling should be telling a story and also showing you stuff that doesn't happen in a real fight which makes it fun. I can take 1 pretend MMA fight in a show as a gimmick as part of a feud but more? I watched tetsujin and a whole show of it just got boring. 

Pro-Wrestling IS pretend MMA. If it's not, what else is it? It's called wrestling, but you can also punch and kick. Which is MMA. I think some people are so in the wrestling bubble that they forget this. How do you explain what pro-wrestling is to a layman without just saying that it's pretend fighting?

18 minutes ago, Pier Six Brawler said:

Pro-Wrestling IS pretend MMA. If it's not, what else is it? It's called wrestling, but you can also punch and kick. Which is MMA. I think some people are so in the wrestling bubble that they forget this. How do you explain what pro-wrestling is to a layman without just saying that it's pretend fighting?

Its theatre. A combination of acting and stunts done in one take.