Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Yea, I’ll just jump into my time machine and go back an hour ago when they wasnt reporting what the injury was shall I?  

Fuckin Keyboard Warrior.

It's been news it was a gum infection long before you regurgitated someone else's headline without doing any further research or adding any of your own thoughts. Another great scoop there, Tilde.

3 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

It's been news it was a gum infection long before you regurgitated someone else's headline without doing any further research or adding any of your own thoughts. Another great scoop there, Tilde.

If you could link me to that certain article that was long before I regurgitated a headline that would be great.

I added my own thoughts questioning if it would affect Mania.  This is a fan forum not the Telegraph. 

2 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

If you could link me to that certain article that was long before I regurgitated a headline that would be great.

I added my own thoughts questioning if it would affect Mania.  This is a fan forum not the Telegraph. 

Hang on.

I have no issue with your gimmick, but 'no idea if that changes Mania plans' does not constitute your own thoughts. That's literally an absence of thought.

I would be gutted if it changes their Mania plans as I think Charlotte/Asuka is as close as they have to a dream match in the Women's division and I really don't know who'll win...

That's a thought.

• Paid Members

I didn't say article, but it was on Reddit the reason why, in turn because she went for the dental surgery last week, with a story of it on her instagram. So her knackered gums have been news for a week now.

48 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Hang on.

I have no issue with your gimmick, but 'no idea if that changes Mania plans' does not constitute your own thoughts. That's literally an absence of thought.

I would be gutted if it changes their Mania plans as I think Charlotte/Asuka is as close as they have to a dream match in the Women's division and I really don't know who'll win...

That's a thought.

Asuka wins.

1 hour ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Asuka wins, Carmella cashes in, Asuka wins. 

Good shout...I wonder whether they would want their first Women's MITB to end in failure though? She's not beating Asuka or Charlotte any time soon so maybe she tries her luck with the Raw title now they're co-promoting PPV's again.

• Paid Members

Can you imagine the mega heat if she cashes in and beats Asuka, at Mania no less, ending the streak?

EDIT: To clarify, in the long term, it's a terrible idea. But WWE often dabble in short-termism. Hopefully they don't, even though the reaction would be insane. 

Edited by mim731

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Can you imagine the mega heat if she cashes in and beats Asuka, at Mania no less, ending the streak?

EDIT: To clarify, in the long term, it's a terrible idea. But WWE often dabble in short-termism. Hopefully they don't, even though the reaction would be insane. 

It would only be a terrible idea if they followed it up with really bad booking. If they were looking at ending the streak that way, they should then have Asuka chase Carmella for her revenge and the title, and have Carmella behave like a classic chicken-shit paper-champion heel, a bit like JBL - surround herself with lackeys who continually frustrate Asuka's attempts to even just get her hands on her nemesis, and have Carmella set "gauntlets" where she puts as many obstacles in Asuka's way to get to her, all the while winning her matches in obviously cheap and cowardly fashion. Build towards Asuka finally getting her in a cage match, where she just smashes her and gets the belt back.

• Paid Members

I'm in two minds on it - with a winning streak angle, you need the first loss to achieve something. Having Asuka's first loss be something like a MITB cash-in keeps Asuka looking strong, while transferring a lot of heat on to Carmella, allowing her to be a cowardly heel champion ducking challengers, with Asuka moving to Smackdown to chase her. Particularly if Nia wins the RAW Title, you've then got two drastically different characters holding the two Women's belts. It's only worthwhile if they can capitalise on it, though, and not just do it for the one-off "moment" it provides.

It also prevents the streak becoming a bit of an albatross for Asuka - once she's lost once, her matches won't feel as much of a foregone conclusion, and they don't get stuck in the position of trying to figure out how to keep the streak alive without just having her run through everyone in a very shallow division.

On the other hand, I think the "streak" is still predominantly an NXT gimmick, that's not had chance to develop on the main roster, so it's too early to end it meaningfully. The ideal for me would be to keep Asuka undefeated all the way up to next year's Wrestlemania, and have her face Ronda Rousey there, though that would be a hell of a task to do it meaningfully without sacrificing the whole division in the process.