Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

I like Rey, but even one-on-one against someone without shit storylines I don't think he should have main evented that.

I absolutely agree. I'm just spitballing scenarios where Rey can still not be booked as I believe he's going to be. 

• Paid Members
Just now, Sphinx said:

I'm confused. I'm referring to WrestleMania 22.

Very well, I got the wrong end of the conversation.

34 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

My god the first thing they need to do is change his god awful name. Fucking Walter, like a Beano character, and not even a good one.

This will be interesting - given his style - to see what else he can offer WWE.

My first thought is the chunky lad from the micro machines game boy game. He was rubbish. So yeah, they'll probably change it to CHUNK or something 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

My god the first thing they need to do is change his god awful name. Fucking Walter, like a Beano character, and not even a good one.

This will be interesting - given his style - to see what else he can offer WWE.

Recently, I was chatting with a friend about the name "Walter" and how it doesn't sound cool or heroic or threatening at all (it's the name of one of the main protagonists, The Man In Black, in Stephen King's The Dark Tower series). He made a very good point: it sounds crap to British people because of The Beano and Walter the Softy, whereas to Americans, it doesn't have said connotations, so maybe to them it sounds fine. To the Germans (of which I believe the man in question is one), it's a perfectly cromulent name - and, with German pronunciation, "Vallter", it might sound a bit better to us.

• Awards Moderator
Just now, Carbomb said:

Recently, I was chatting with a friend about the name "Walter" and how it doesn't sound cool or heroic or threatening at all (it's the name of one of the main protagonists, The Man In Black, in Stephen King's The Dark Tower series). He made a very good point: it sounds crap to British people because of The Beano and Walter the Softy, whereas to Americans, it doesn't have said connotations, so maybe to them it sounds fine. To the Germans (of which I believe the man in question is one), it's a perfectly cromulent name - and, with German pronunciation, "Vallter", it might sound a bit better to us.

Image result for walter white gif

This Walter ain't no softy.

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, hallicks said:

My first thought is the chunky lad from the micro machines game boy game. He was rubbish. So yeah, they'll probably change it to CHUNK or something 

Characters based on Micro Machines. WWE sign Violet Berlin. 

• Paid Members

More than happy for him to be called Walter. I’m a big fan of his.

I think the name works because you expect him to be a useless lump, then you see him and he’s a bloody beast. 

Saying that, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s repackaged as Herman Schmitt.