Post Of The Year 2011 Nominations

tiger_rick

• Moderators

Lister, in Duane's latest wacky thread:

I'll happily answer Lister's post Woyzeck from what currently I understand. There is a difference between Law and Statutes, statutes are by CONSENT, a PERSON consents by entering into a CONTRACT. A Magistrates Court is a place of business and by stepping into the court and into the DOCK you choose you CONTRACT by representing your PERSON. The magistrates is not a COMMON LAW court when you are have a jury and are judged by your peers, it is a LEGAL court not LAWFUL. There is a difference between what is lawful and what is LEGAL. Causing harm, damage or loss is breaking the law. If Roger Hayes stole a car he would've broke a law, however if he parked on a yellow line that would ILLEGAL. There is a clear difference between LEGAL and LAWFUL. The Police and Judiciary are known to act unlawful, they swear an oath. The fact is we are governed by consent.

dustybin.jpg

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna nominate this gem from chokeout in the legendary pub tales thread:

A few years ago there was a pub in my town called The Falchion, and me and a few mates went in during the fringe festival in town. We were only about 16 at the time, but the pub served us and it was only

This play on a typo in the Hogan/Warrior thread got a laugh from me;

I'm surprised nobody else has used the name "Trytan". Its a very pro wrestling name isnt it? I had a CAW on WWF Attitude for the PSOne, called Kryten Davenport, who wore gaffer around his wrists and Union Jack tights. He was class as well. He was the first big man to do a 450 slash.

The fans at ringside must have got a right soaking.

• Paid Members
Agreed with Goldberg beating Hogan for the title - the roof litreally blew off.

headdesk.gif

Nice work air_raid. :thumbsup:

Seconded. Air Raid has been the best poster here for several weeks now.

• Awards Moderator

Mark Sloan in the FSM thread, telling it like it is, worthy for consideration:

I notice this point has been overlooked twice now by Brian despite giving feedback on other points above.

I honestly can't get why people don't understand it. I'll cover it and give you the definitive answer.

There are a number of points.

FSM is a BUSINESS, not some kids playing at wrestling and picking favourites. It is funny because the people who winge about not getting coverage should maybe be more professional and seek out HOW TO GET COVERAGE. This is how it works, FSM have an allocation of space for British Wrestling, they know, like we all know, does nothing to actually sell copies of the magazine. It's a prividlige that they cover it at all.

So the question I ask somebody is to define "promoter" - the aim is to promote (to push to the forefront) of everybody else and make your product noticed. FSM allows great promotion of your event direct to Wrestling Fans. It's FREE, but this is where the stupidity creeps in. FSM work on a budget, they have to spend the budget on items that will help shift magazines. They do not have it to spend on a photographer to go photo said events. They do not have the budget to pay a writer to goto the events because they need to spend the money on the areas that will generate sales (i.e WWE / TNA news, interviews, pictures etc etc) But it would seem that people are unwilling to do the PROMOTIONAL side of it. You need to make the effort if you want in. The UK news is heavily based around the FWA / BWC / Showstealer productions stuff, it is. But for good reason is because nobody works AS HARD to make it happen. Interesting stories, great pictures, constant effort, I bet they have enough stories each month to fill the section twice over and often miss out on stuff they would like to have got in.

Send your stuff in, do NOT expect FSM to go to huge lengths to do YOU a favour, they don't have time to goto your website, chase you for the news, they do not owe you anything, you infact owe them, because they are offering you a space of advertising (

• Paid Members

I'll nominate the Chinatown scum game thread. All of it. The lynch that took three days, the whining about the modding and the super shock finish.

I'd like to de-nominate that on the grounds that those threads are awful and everyone involved needs to get out more.

Archived