Post Of The Year 2011 Nominations

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
I thought i'd share this with you, we hear so much on this forum about promotions embarrassing wrestling and fans basically ridiculing the 'wrestlers' etc, so when I received this email today I thought to myself "You know, when done correctly, wrestling can be so good for so many people"

The email I received is below:

Dear sir/madam

I am emailing you as i have a 19 year old daughter with aspergers syndrome a form of autism where she struggles with social / communication skills. My daughter doesnt have any friends so spends alot of her time watching wrestling videos on youtube and on tv, one of her favourite wrestling companies is Welsh wrestling and her favourite wrestlers are James mason, stevie starr, flash morgan, big dog and the masked outlaw. I was kindly wondering if any of the wrestlers had a spare 10 minutes if they could send my daughter some signed merchandise, i understand they are very busy people and must get alot of fan mail so this may not be possible but it would mean alot to my daughter.

Please reply

Thank you

M Tonner

As you can imagine it was very warming to the heart to receive such an email, and makes me believe in what we are doing here at Welsh Wrestling, even more than I already did before. And to be honest it's not just about Welsh Wrestling, it's about how British Wrestling can make a difference to peoples lives if done properly. You don't have to be John Cena or Hulk Hogan to make somebody happy, you just have to be good at what you do in the ring and entertain the fans who turn up. Now i've contacted this family, and not only will they get a bag full of merchandise but I've offered them free tickets to Welsh Wrestling shows in their local area.

It's good to hear stuff like that and proves some decent promotions are running and entertaining the people. It must be nice to know you have made an impact on someones life by doing what you love.

Probably just a bloke after some free merch.

I quoted this as well as this should easily win worst post of the year. Sometimes comedy is not needed and it wasn't here but Triple A decided he would make exactly zero people laugh, added zero to a thread, dick.

I'll third Stug Rivers as well.

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought i'd share this with you, we hear so much on this forum about promotions embarrassing wrestling and fans basically ridiculing the 'wrestlers' etc, so when I received this email today I thought to myself "You know, when done correctly, wrestling can be so good for so many people"

The email I received is below:

Dear sir/madam

I am emailing you as i have a 19 year old daughter with aspergers syndrome a form of autism where she struggles with social / communication skills. My daughter doesnt have any friends so spends alot of her time watching wrestling videos on youtube and on tv, one of her favourite wrestling companies is Welsh wrestling and her favourite wrestlers are James mason, stevie starr, flash morgan, big dog and the masked outlaw. I was kindly wondering if any of the wrestlers had a spare 10 minutes if they could send my daughter some signed merchandise, i understand they are very busy people and must get alot of fan mail so this may not be possible but it would mean alot to my daughter.

Please reply

Thank you

M Tonner

As you can imagine it was very warming to the heart to receive such an email, and makes me believe in what we are doing here at Welsh Wrestling, even more than I already did before. And to be honest it's not just about Welsh Wrestling, it's about how British Wrestling can make a difference to peoples lives if done properly. You don't have to be John Cena or Hulk Hogan to make somebody happy, you just have to be good at what you do in the ring and entertain the fans who turn up. Now i've contacted this family, and not only will they get a bag full of merchandise but I've offered them free tickets to Welsh Wrestling shows in their local area.

It's good to hear stuff like that and proves some decent promotions are running and entertaining the people. It must be nice to know you have made an impact on someones life by doing what you love.

Probably just a bloke after some free merch.

I quoted this as well as this should easily win worst post of the year. Sometimes comedy is not needed and it wasn't here but Triple A decided he would make exactly zero people laugh, added zero to a thread, dick.

I'll third Stug Rivers as well.

Id actually nominate Triple A's response as it was exactly what I was thinking when I read the original post, which was nearly as good a bit of self promotion as Listers 'plagiarism' thread a few weeks ago.

• Paid Members
Id actually nominate Triple A's response as it was exactly what I was thinking when I read the original post, which was nearly as good a bit of self promotion as Listers 'plagiarism' thread a few weeks ago.

I nominate this. Then again, maybe me and Van Dammer are just cynical gits.

• Paid Members

At least I was polite enough to reference who I was quoting though, ey?

You nominate a post as post of the year because the post nominated your post as post of the year?

I nominate this post. This threads a sham.

Idiots.

Neil is going to win post of the year

Tiger Rick off topic poster

Woyzeck on topic poster of the Year

Neil rigs the vote don't cha know lolz

Really though, a promoter who is held in good light on here because he puts on good events and handles himself well on here, unlike alot of other so called"promoters".

He post's an email he has got that should warm the hearts of the wrestling community because even though he is no WWE or TNA he has made a small difference to someones life. Then Triple A the really good poster that everyone raves about, makes a shit comment attemping to ruin a thread that should be kept for the praise of this guys Promotion and Brit Wres scence.

If this was a person who was trying to get free shit off of a wrestling company, wouldn't they just contact WWE/TNA not some Welsh wrestling company, that is in no way a dig at ravenhill but if for instance I wanted some good football shit I would not contact Newport CountyI would contact someone like Manchester United.

It really annoys me that everything is shit on even the good. To be fair it was only Triple A the guy who does shit write ups forvideo games or something shit like that and basically the whole forum does not listen to but it still gets on my nerves.

I hope Triple A's Mum dies of ass cancer and I can then make a thread about how his Mum's baggy ass was prone to the deadly infection the stupid little prick.

• Paid Members

Whoa there! That's going quite a way overboard. The guy made a crack you don't like, hardly warrants wishing death through cancer on his mum, does it?

At least I was polite enough to reference who I was quoting though, ey?

You nominate a post as post of the year because the post nominated your post as post of the year?

I nominate this post. This threads a sham.

Idiots.

Neil is going to win post of the year

Tiger Rick off topic poster

Woyzeck on topic poster of the Year

Neil rigs the vote don't cha know lolz

Really though, a promoter who is held in good light on here because he puts on good events and handles himself well on here, unlike alot of other so called"promoters".

He post's an email he has got that should warm the hearts of the wrestling community because even though he is no WWE or TNA he has made a small difference to someones life. Then Triple A the really good poster that everyone raves about, makes a shit comment attemping to ruin a thread that should be kept for the praise of this guys Promotion and Brit Wres scence.

If this was a person who was trying to get free shit off of a wrestling company, wouldn't they just contact WWE/TNA not some Welsh wrestling company, that is in no way a dig at ravenhill but if for instance I wanted some good football shit I would not contact Newport CountyI would contact someone like Manchester United.

It really annoys me that everything is shit on even the good. To be fair it was only Triple A the guy who does shit write ups forvideo games or something shit like that and basically the whole forum does not listen to but it still gets on my nerves.

I hope Triple A's Mum dies of ass cancer and I can then make a thread about how his Mum's baggy ass was prone to the deadly infection the stupid little prick.

Steady there Garfunkle, theres no need to get shirty like that. Its not like he made a crack about the only person liking his shows having disabilities or anything. It was a very light hearted crack in a thread I thought was quite a strange post.

• Paid Members
Whoa there! That's going quite a way overboard. The guy made a crack you don't like, hardly warrants wishing death through cancer on his mum, does it?

Yeah an innocent crack on a serious condition that many suffer with and people like Triple A who are thicker than a lamp post don't understand.

Asperger Syndrome is different from other disorders on the autism spectrum, in part, because it is often diagnosed in older children and adults as opposed to very young children. That's because Asperger Syndrome is a relatively mild form of ASD which does not include problems with basic language skills. Many people with Asperger Syndrome are very bright and capable. The issues that emerge for people diagnosed with Aspergers are related specifically to social and communication skills -- skills that only become signficant as people get older and need to negotiate complex social situations

Easy for most of the people on here social situations but it is a condition that many suffer and people just don't understand his "crack" was worthless and pointless and was not needed in a thread meant to be shining a little bit of light on brit wres.

Yeah an innocent crack on a serious condition that many suffer with and people like Triple A who are thicker than a lamp post don't understand.

Asperger Syndrome is different from other disorders on the autism spectrum, in part, because it is often diagnosed in older children and adults as opposed to very young children. That's because Asperger Syndrome is a relatively mild form of ASD which does not include problems with basic language skills. Many people with Asperger Syndrome are very bright and capable. The issues that emerge for people diagnosed with Aspergers are related specifically to social and communication skills -- skills that only become signficant as people get older and need to negotiate complex social situations

Easy for most of the people on here social situations but it is a condition that many suffer and people just don't understand his "crack" was worthless and pointless and was not needed in a thread meant to be shining a little bit of light on brit wres.

Yeah, he didnt do any of that you goon. He replied with a humorous, cynical post which was quite funny.

• Paid Members
Somebody has an itchy fanny today don't they?. I didn't even mention Aspergers, yet you're wishing cancer on people.

Not people, on your Mum , see I said you were a thick cunt. The implications or lack of understanding is what has got under my skin and your persistance of needless posting in a thread that didn't warrant your shit input

Archived