Post Of The Year 2011 Nominations

tiger_rick

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
I'd like to de-nominate that on the grounds that those threads are awful and everyone involved needs to get out more.

Seconded.

Thirded.

Fourthed. I've just gone and had a bit of a browse in the thread, and I'd like to in particular nominate Snake Plissken as the lamest lame that ever acted lame. He takes it really super serial, and acts like a total child. Even in the context of a mafia game he looks bad, and that is saying something.

I don't remember the characters in "The Thing" spending most of the film arguing about the rules of film-making and having hissy fits if their scene got cut, but I'm sure it'll be great.

• Paid Members
Does this mean that I can't convince any of you to join in my upcoming game of Mafia based on John Carpenter's 'The Thing'?

I'm on holiday from Thursday next week, so I'm out.

The Mafia games are fun. This one was an abortion and Snake and Teedy didn't help matters at all. I really don't get the extreme reactions some people have to them. They're just a fun wee game.

I'd like to de-nominate that on the grounds that those threads are awful and everyone involved needs to get out more.

Seconded.

Thirded.

Fourthed. I've just gone and had a bit of a browse in the thread, and I'd like to in particular nominate Snake Plissken as the lamest lame that ever acted lame. He takes it really super serial, and acts like a total child. Even in the context of a mafia game he looks bad, and that is saying something.

orson-clapping.gif

• Paid Members
Fun wee game? Nah, they're just a load of piss.

No offence, Repo, but don't presume to speak for other people. You don't enjoy them, but others do. They are a bit of fun to those who play, and it's not like they clog up the forum. People who don't play aren't even allowed to post, so if you don't like these threads and still read them, you've only yourself to blame.

• Paid Members
Right, and when did I speak about other people? Don't try to pull me up on something that I didn't say.

Calm yourself. You really don't see how what you've written comes across like you're speaking like it's a universal fact that these games are "a load of piss"?

Anyway, my misunderstanding. Apologies.

There's practically a whole page of negative comments above mine.

Yeah, but aside from Loki, with whom I've already had this argument before, they're mainly talking about Snake's individual behaviour in the thread, rather than the idea of the threads themselves.

Archived